NEW PRODUCT LAUNCH: NEXUS DAMPERS
Most PC case feet are made of solid plastic and therefore transmit unwanted vibrations from inside a PC via the chassis/case onto the desk, floor or shelf on which the system is placed. In this situation the PC can generate annoying noises at the case or elsewhere (secondary noise).
A simple yet effective solution to prevent this vibration are the Nexus Dampers. These versatile rubber feet can be put underneath your PC to create a rubber barrier between the case and the surface. This barrier of rubber will absorb the vibrations and act as a isolator for the resonance.
Another benefit of these dampers is that your case is elevated 1,4cm from the floor. By elevating the case it will be easier for the air to flow into the case's air intake openings. Most cases have an air intake at the front-bottom and on the bottom of the case, but this is an awkward place for air to enter as the case is very close to the floor and space is very limited. By putting your case on these rubber feet you create more room for your case to "breathe" which will result in better airflow and better conditions inside the PC. Most fans inside the PC determine their speeds based on the inside case temperature, hence a cooler system will also result in a quieter system.
Even when your case is on a carpet floor you should consider adding these feet. Even though the vibration may not be an issue, the extra room for your PC to "breathe" may be very much needed. Especially if you have thick carpet closing up all the ventilation holes at the bottom of the case.
Dampers are available in 4 color combinations
For laptops the same concept works. The fan of your laptop needs to spin fast and starts making lots of noise as the laptop turns hot when it is on the table. By putting two feet at the end of your laptop you create more "breathing room" for cooling the PC and you tilt your keyboard in a convenient angle for typing.
But antivibration feet are not just for PC's - they may also be useful for printers, Small Form Factor PC's, Home Theatre PC's, audio equipment (e.g. speakers) and any number of appliances and enclosures that would benefit from vibration absorption and reduction.
The Nexus Dampers come in a convenient blister that is able to stand on the counter for displaying. The blister can also hang on a hanger.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Vivendi postpones Ubisoft takeover
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ