ASUS Unveils TS Mini Server for Today's Small Office/Home Office
ASUS, a worldwide leader in personal computers, today introduces the TS mini small office/home office (SOHO) server. The TS mini targets modern home and small office users that frequently exchange data from multiple computers and require access from various locations. The TS mini secures documents, multimedia, and other digital content into a sleek repository. It further safeguards data on multiple computers across the home or office with automatic backups and cloud storage. TS mini allows centralized file access with local networks, attached storage devices and remotely over the internet. Equipped with an Intel Atom processor, the TS mini delivers quiet, energy efficient, always-on access. Operating on the Microsoft Windows Home Server Platform, it simplifies management of digital content. The TS Mini is available now for pre-order at Amazon.com and NewEgg.com starting at $349.99 USD.
"Consumer demand for rich content that can be accessed anytime, anywhere, on any device is fueling innovation in networking and storage of media and data in the home," said Seth Bobroff, general manager, Data Center Group - Storage, Intel Corporation. "The Intel Atom processor in the TS mini enables ASUS to deliver the ability to stream media, share files and protect data while remotely accessing it, all in a sleek and energy-efficient 2-bay design."
"We are pleased to welcome ASUS, one of the industry's leading PC manufacturers, to the Windows Home Server family," said Leslie McGuire, Microsoft Director of Windows Server Marketing. "Customers tell us they want an easy and inexpensive way to store, manage and protect their digital content. ASUS helps them achieve all of that with their TS Mini Server, which includes a robust option for adding data capacity through external Web storage."
Easy Backup and Restoration of Home Computers
The TS mini can automatically back up data from up to 10 computers daily. With six USB and two eSATA ports, the TS mini lets users directly back up, synchronize, and manage their files across various USB and eSATA devices and the internal hard disk drive. In a recovery scenario, users can bring individual computers or the entire office back online by loading the latest recovery information saved on the TS mini.
Convenient Content Sharing and Easy Remote Access
The TS mini makes it easy for users to stream photos, music, video and other digital content to various devices including TVs, computers, Media PCs, and gaming consoles-for all-around content access. With the Remote Access feature, users outside the local network can also leverage their personal Windows Live account to access the TS mini and its content. Additionally, they can stream music and multimedia content through the online connection.
Large Data Capacity with Exclusive Web Storage
For additional storage capacity, the ASUS offers TS mini users a year of free 500GB storage over the Web. Users can boost their storage or synchronize backups online for improved data security. Additionally, users can save large peer-to-peer files on the Web, and share data with user accounts worldwide.
In line with global energy-saving initiatives, the TS mini uses minimal power-consuming 24.5W when in idle mode and 27.9W during activation. The TS mini is the ideal choice for 24/7, non-stop data center operation.
The ASUS TS mini is available in 500G and 2TB models at $349 and $529, respectively.
Latest News Posts
- Dynasty Warriors 9 dev apologizes for major PC patch delay
- Assassin's Creed Origins New Game+ beaten, reward revealed
- Overwatch League Streams on Twitch can earn in-game rewards
- Far Cry 5 detail the dog Boomer, mans best friend
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance sells 1 million copies in 1 month
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- For Sale (40 Pieces) Apple iPhone X 64GB $17,960 Brand New Unlocked
- Apple iPhone X $999 Buy here www.BizFests.com
- Corsair Obsidian 500D Premium Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Seagate IronWolf 12TB HDD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit