Available immediately for retail: USB3.0 Controller from Sharkoon
Sharkoon USB3.0 Host Controller Card: PCIe-Controller with NEC-ÂµPD720200 Chip and two USB3.0 Ports / MSRP 39.90 euros // also starting calendar week 48 the USB3.0: Sharkoon Hard Drive Docking Station SATA QuickPort is available for MSRP 49.99 euros
Ten times faster than the USB2.0, data transfer rates of up to 5 GB/s, enhanced transmission reliability and energy efficient: The new USB3.0 interface now also offers an over abundance of bandwidth for data transfer applications. However, Mainboards and peripheral devices that allow SuperSpeed USB?s simply can not wait. Sharkoon is the first provider to immediately offer a PCIe controller so that the Desktop PC can be quickly and efficiently upgraded: The Sharkoon USB3.0 Host Controller Card is equipped with a NEC ÂµPD720200 chip; the two USB3.0 Ports are combined with the PCIe 2.0 so that it can conform to Intel xHCI-rev0.96 specifications. The controller card can connect directly to the PCI-x1 slot and operate a larger PCIe slot with a connection speed twice as fast; it possesses a 4-pin plug to the power supply over the network, and supports the operating systems Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 (32 Bit / 64 Bit).
Also, a first peripheral device with the SuperSpeed interface from Sharkoon will soon be made available on the market: As of calendar week 48, the popular hard drive docking station Sharkoon SATA QuickPort with USB3.0 port will be released. The new interface has USB-IF specifications including compatibility with previous USB 2.0, USB 1.1 and USB 1.0 connections.
The "SATA QuickPort" series currently comprises of eight models with different features for different requirements. All Sharkoon QuickPort?s allow convenient and direct access to unobstructed SATA hard drives. The compact yet sturdy QuickPort series table adapters are equipped with a slot to accommodate SATA drives in both the 2.5? and 3.5? inch format. A folding mechanism with a suitable slot for the smaller notebook drives offer two types of secure grips; the disks are simply plugged into the QuickPort and the computer immediately recognizes them as an authorized drive. After use, the drive can be easily removed by utilizing the eject button again. With its approximately 575 gram weight, the docking station itself on the desktop is accident proof. Two different LED colors indicate the operation and data access. The latest model of the Sharkoon QuickPort USB3.0 comes with an instruction manual, universal AC adapter (EU, UK, U.S.) and a USB3.0 cable.
End customers will find the Sharkoon USB3.0 Host Controller Card available immediately from authorized retailers for the manufacturers suggested retail price of 39.99 euros.
The Sharkoon SATA QuickPort USB3.0 is available beginning calendar week 48 for the manufacturers suggested retail price of 49.99 euros.
For further information regarding the Sharkoon USB3.0 or other Sharkoon products, to request photos or other informational material, please contact us or go to https://www.sharkoon.com.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom sell limited-edition classic Mega Man 2/X cartridges
- Intel increases 905P Optane SSD capacities to 1.5TB
- Soulcalibur VI trailer reveals Raphael, Prelude to Madness
- Delve into madness with new Call of Cthulhu gameplay trailer
- Diablo III for Switch: confirmed no inclusion of Link gear
- ASUS Garage Mod AIO Gaming Rig: 8700K TITAN X 3440x1440
- DLink HD Wi-Fi Camera 8300LH Review
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games