Garmin-Asus nÃ¼vifone M20 Now with Windows Mobile 6.5; Existing Owners Eligible for Update
Cayman Islands and Taipei, Taiwan/November 09, 2009/Business Wire - Garmin-Asus, a co-branded alliance between GarminÂ® Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN) and ASUSTeK Computer Inc. (TAIEX: 2357), today announced that the nÃ¼vifone M20-an all-in-one phone, mobile web-browser and premium navigation system-is now available with Windows MobileÂ® 6.5. Users will be able to enjoy the host of improvements that Windows Mobile 6.5 provides, such as large touch-optimized icons, mobile applications via Windows Marketplace for Mobile, and the convenient MicrosoftÂ® My Phone service.
With Windows Mobile 6.5, the new nÃ¼vifone M20 boasts interface improvements, such as large touch-optimized icons and a streamlined Home screen, and comes preloaded with Facebook. In addition, users will be able to take advantage of Microsoft Corp.'s Windows Marketplace for Mobile to easily download and install additional applications to their M20. The Windows Marketplace offers high quality mobile applications for free or purchase, from important business tools to popular social networking applications such as MySpace to games. Last but not least, the new My Phone service offers a wealth of features such as data migration, data auto-syncing, backup and restoration, remote data wiping, as well as viewing, syncing and sharing of photos across PC, phone and web platforms.
Garmin-Asus has blended its signature navigation centric user interface with Windows Mobile 6.5. "Through its innovative integration of a phone, navigator, and browser, the nÃ¼vifone M20 is designed to enhance the lives of consumers today," said Benson Lin, Vice President and General Manager of the ASUS Handheld Business Group. "With Windows Mobile 6.5, users can enjoy the same great LBS (location-based service) features of the original nÃ¼vifone M20, but with a richer and more rewarding user experience."
"Windows phones bring together the best of the Web, the PC and the phone so you can connect instantly to the people and information you care about, no matter where you are," said Stephanie Ferguson, general manager, product management, Microsoft Corp. "The Garmin-Asus nÃ¼vifone M20 helps people do more while on the go by combining the familiar, easy to use software on a Windows phone with a premium navigation experience."
The Garmin-Asus nÃ¼vifone M20 running Windows Mobile 6.5 will be available in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, India, Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Czech, Turkey and other markets by the end of 2009.
Existing users of nÃ¼vifone M20 phones running Windows Mobile 6.1 are also eligible for the free update to Windows Mobile 6.5. Details on how to perform the update can be found on https://www.garminasus.com from November 11.
Garmin-Asus is a co-branded strategic alliance that enables Garmin Ltd. and ASUSTeK Computer Inc. to combine their complementary resources to develop world class LBS-centric mobile phones.
About Garmin Ltd.
The global leader in satellite navigation, Garmin Ltd. and its subsidiaries have designed, manufactured, marketed and sold navigation, communication and information devices and applications since 1989 - most of which are enabled by GPS technology. Garmin's products serve automotive, mobile, wireless, outdoor recreation, marine, aviation, and OEM applications. Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in the Cayman Islands, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit Garmin's virtual pressroom at https://www.garmin.com/pressroom or contact the Media Relations department at 913-397-8200.
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era. With a global staff of more than ten thousand and a world-class R&D design team, the company's revenue for 2008 was 8.1 billion U.S. dollars. ASUS ranks among BusinessWeek's "InfoTech 100", and has been on the listing for 12 consecutive years.
Latest News Posts
- Acer Predator X27: 4K 144Hz HDR G-Sync f or $1999 on June 1
- Paradox Interactive announce Imperator: Rome, trailer reveal
- Resident Evil 7 will debut to Nintendo Switch, only in Japan
- Overwatch director hints at cross-platform opportunities
- Deadpool 2 fails to beat Deadpool's opening weekend revenue
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Buy 2 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 64GB $1,038
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit