LSI 6Gb/s SAS MegaRAID Products Enable New Levels of RAID Performance for IBM System x Servers
Next-generation IBM ServeRAID controllers powered by LSI 6Gb/s SAS technology achieve greater throughput for mission-critical applications
MILPITAS, Calif., November 3, 2009 - LSI Corporation (NYSE: LSI) today announced its 6Gb/s SAS MegaRAID® products are shipping on two new IBM System x servers, enabling new levels of server storage performance, reliability and scalability. The IBM rack-mount servers, with integrated LSI 6Gb/s SAS technology, provide end customers with cost-effective solutions for Web serving, e-business, collaboration, distributed database, SAP deployments and virtualization.
The LSITM 6Gb/s SAS MegaRAID products demonstrated a 190 percent throughput improvement for RAID 5 writes and a 240 percent throughput improvement for RAID 6 writes compared to products based on 3Gb/s SAS technology, translating to significant system performance gains.
"Our collaboration with LSI allows us to deliver robust, first-to-market storage solutions that improve performance, IT efficiency and data protection for our customers," said Bob Galush, vice president, IBM Systems & Technology Group. "IBM selected LSI as our 6Gb RAID supplier based on their market segment leadership."
The LSISAS2108 6Gb/s SAS RAID-on-Chip (ROC) and MegaRAID software are integrated into IBM ServeRAIDTM controllers found in IBM Systems x3650 M2 and x3550 model servers. The ServeRAID controllers, which are designed for inside-the-box connectivity, feature eight internal 6Gb/s SAS ports and support both SAS and SATA hard disk drives. An additional level of data security is available by using LSI SafeStoreTM encryption services with self-encrypting drives (SED).
The ServeRAID controllers provide high-performance RAID 6 support to protect against data loss in the event of dual-drive failures. The controllers also feature LSI MegaRAID Storage ManagerTM software, for quick and easy access to disk encryption and RAID setup and management, as well as an intelligent battery backup unit that provides extremely accurate battery capacity monitoring.
"LSI has collaborated with IBM to provide market-leading storage technologies and software management solutions," said Kelly Bryant, DAS RAID business line director, Engenio Storage Group, LSI. "LSI SAS and MegaRAID technology provide the performance, scalability and data protection that IBM System x Server customers require to achieve the best return on their IT investments."
Since the inception of SAS, LSI has delivered an industry-leading portfolio of products including controller ICs, expanders, host bus and MegaRAID adapters, RAID-on-Motherboard (ROMB) solutions and storage systems. Based on a 25-year track record of hardware and firmware expertise and extensive validation processes, LSI is the silicon-to-systems supplier of choice for OEMs that want to deliver a broad set of storage solutions.
LSI Corporation (NYSE: LSI) is a leading provider of innovative silicon, systems and software technologies that enable products, which seamlessly bring people, information and digital content together. The company offers a broad portfolio of capabilities and services including custom and standard product ICs, adapters, systems and software that are trusted by the world's best known brands to power leading solutions in the Storage and Networking markets. More information is available at https://www.lsi.com.
Latest News Posts
- Android 17 confirmed as next Dragon Ball FighterZ DLC
- Danny Trejo introduces Magic: The Gathering Arena Open Beta
- Dark Souls Remastered for Switch: Network Test available
- Platinum Games addresses Bayonetta 3 development progress
- Nintendo Switch NES Emulator successfully hacked, new games?
- DLink HD Wi-Fi Camera 8300LH Review
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- The Slater releases on September 20th
- Partnership Between Mastiff and Yggdrazil Group Brings Home Sweet Home to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One This October
- Turn-Based PC-RTS 'ValeGuard' Has Launched On STEAM Offering Exciting City-Building & Strategic Real-Time Combat
- IBM Takes Major Step in Breaking Open the Black Box of AI
- Genpact Launches Cora CommandCenter to Transform Digital Workforce Performance and Automation Governance