VIEWSONIC MAKES HD A HOUSEHOLD NAME WITH DIRECT-CONNECT MEDIA PLAYER BOX
From PC to HDTV, the VMP70 makes it easy to connect and share Full HD PC content
WALNUT, Calif. - November 2, 2009 - ViewSonic® Corp., a leading global provider of visual display and consumer electronics products, today introduced the VMP70 direct-connect, HD media player. Taking media that is stored on a hard drive or USB thumb drive the VMP70 makes attaining the ultimate Full HD big screen viewing experience easy and affordable.
"We believe in enhancing the entertainment experience in a way that is both convenient and user intuitive," said Jeff Volpe, vice president and general manager of ViewSonic North America. "With more compatible media formats than any other media player on the market, we are confident that our portable media box provides consumers the freedom to enjoy HD multimedia content on their favorite HDTV without limitation."
The VMP70 makes it easy to enjoy ultra crisp, Full HD 1080p content on a TV or other entertainment system display. By simply inserting a USB drive or external hard drive into the player, users can enjoy their favorite output content, including HD movies with optional subtitles, TV shows, music and photo albums. Weighing less than one pound, this stylish and lightweight device can easily be brought along when visiting friends or family, making any digital library portable and accessible nearly anywhere.
Unlike some direct-connect media players, the VMP70 features a S/PDIF port, enabling the player to easily connect to even the most advanced home theater systems for a surround sound experience. A remote control is included for making easy adjustments to aspect ratio, audio and format settings. The VMP70 also ships with an HDMI cable standard in every box to provide users with the best consumer experience possible.
The VMP70 supports the most complete set of video and audio formats of any media player available including MPEG1/2/4, Divx/Xvid, MKV, H.264, VC-1, WMV9, RM/RMVB, DTS, Dolby Digital, WMA, MP3, FLAC, OGG and MKA to name a few. Connectivity options are nearly limitless as well with the VMP70's included HDMI, Component, composite, S/PDIF and duo USB drive slots for optional increased storage space.
The ViewSonic VMP70 is now available for an MSRP of $129.99 with a promotional holiday ESP of $98.99. For more information about the VMP70, click here.
ViewSonic® Corporation is a leading global provider of visual display and consumer electronics products. ViewSonic develops, markets and supports a broad range of innovative products, including computers, LCD monitors, LCD TVs, projectors, digital photo frames and digital signage displays. For further information, please contact ViewSonic Corporation at 800.888.8583 or 909.444.8888; or visit http://www.ViewSonic.com/.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield V key art leaked
- PS5 won't launch before Fall 2020, NPD analyst predicts
- New Master Chief Collection update lets you install segments
- Sony to continue strong first-party IP focus
- Hideo Kojima teases E3 2018 showcase for Death Stranding
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit