Voluntary Recall of Belkin TuneBase¬ô Direct with Hands-Free, TuneBase FM with Hands-Free, and TuneBase FM with ClearScan
- Belkin has determined that these products pose a potential risk of fire.
- Global recall of products effective immediately
(Compton, CA) - October 23, 2009- Belkin International, Inc., today initiated a voluntary global product recall of its TuneBase Direct with Hands-Free, TuneBase FM with Hands-Free, and TuneBase FM with ClearScan (model numbers listed below).
Belkin has identified that a component of the TuneBase, the washer, may cause an electrical short circuit when plugged into a vehicle's cigarette lighter adapter. The washer is a circular, black, plastic unit situated at the tip of the TuneBase's cigarette lighter adapter. After a rigorous investigation, Belkin has determined that under certain conditions of heat, humidity, and prolonged periods of power-on (e.g., when the TuneBase is left plugged in overnight), some units with the washer have shown potential to smoke or pose a risk of fire.
While we believe this issue may be isolated to a limited number of units produced with this washer, Belkin places the safety of our consumers ahead of all other considerations and is recalling all TuneBase products purchased by consumers on or after April 1, 2009.
No reports of personal injury have been reported as a result of these TuneBase devices.
Belkin is working diligently with its retail partners to remove all affected products from store shelves globally. Belkin has also notified the Consumer Product Safety Commission of this matter.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU OWN A TUNEBASE PURCHASED ON OR AFTER APRIL 1, 2009:
- Stop using the product immediately
- Contact Belkin to participate in its TuneBase exchange program that will provide eligible customers with a TuneBase replacement, free of charge
- Learn more here: https://www.belkin.com/tunebaserecall
- Customers without Internet access can call 888-262-1020
WHAT TO DO IF YOU OWN A TUNEBASE PURCHASED PRIOR TO APRIL 1, 2009:
- No action is required. Your product is not affected by this recall.
Depending on the region in which they were purchased, the affected TuneBases are known by the following model numbers (located on the back of the product):
**Please note that the product box may have a slightly different model number. Please refer to the actual product to find the correct model number.
About Belkin International, Inc.
Belkin offers an extensive range of innovations designed to give computer and consumer electronics users seamless integration in their homes, cars, and on the go. Belkin, a privately held company founded in California in 1983, is the recognized global leader in connectivity solutions. Since our inception in 1983, Belkin has experienced an amazing 25 consecutive years of dramatic growth and remains committed to making significant strides in the areas of research and design.
Our diverse and far-reaching product mix includes award-winning innovations for easy-to-use networking solutions, accessories for mobile devices, such as iPod¬ģ, iPhone¬ô, laptops, and netbooks, as well as energy conservation products. You can view and purchase them at https://www.belkin.com, as well as through a network of major distributors, resellers, and superstores.
Latest News Posts
- Lord of the Rings 'Tolkien' biopic movie gets release date
- New Anthem gameplay details: story, progress & customizing
- VLC media player passes 3b downloads, headed for Switch/PS4
- Dead Cells moves 100,000 units within its Switch launch week
- Become a god in SMITE's launch trailer for Nintendo Switch
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media