Acer ranks second in the preliminary total worldwide PC market ranking
Worldwide computer shipments better than expected in the third quarter
2009-10-16 - Manno
It is a confirmation: Acer reached second spot in worldwide PC market ranking, according to preliminary worldwide PC Vendor Unit Shipment.data related to 3rd quarter 2009 released by analyst firm Gartner, Inc.
Worldwide PC shipments showed a growth of 0.5% in 3Q09 compared to 3Q08 after three consecutive quarters of year on year shipment decline thanks to consumer segment that continued to lead unit shipment growth.
In this scenario Acer shows a remarkable growth of 23,6% (3Q09 vs 3Q08).
Last week, Acer Inc. also announced that consolidated revenues for the third quarter of 2009 should reach NT$167B (US$5.19B), representing approximately, 40% growth on-quarter or 5% growth on-year.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit