TRENDnet First to Market Ultra Compact Wireless N USB Adapter with MIMO Technology
TORRANCE, Calif. -October 7, 2009-TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today announces the availability of the Mini Wireless N Speed USB Adapter, model TEW-649UB. This is the first product of its size to offer a dual antenna architecture that features powerful Multiple Input Multiple Output, or MIMO, antenna technology-resulting in unmatched wireless range and throughput speed.
The ultra compact form factor is slightly larger than a U.S. quarter; measuring a remarkable 1.3 inches (3.3 cm) from end to end (the same size as TRENDnet's TEW-648UB). Wi-Fi Certification ensures the device complies with the full wireless n Specification. Advanced wireless encryption protects your valuable data. Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) Quality of Service prioritizes important video, audio and gaming traffic to create a premium wireless experience.
The Mini Wireless N Speed USB Adapter connects a laptop or desktop computer to a wireless n network at up to 8x the speed and 4x the coverage of a wireless g connection. One-touch Wi-Fi Protected Setup or WPS technology eliminates the hassle of entering complicated codes in order to connect to a wireless network. Simply press the WPS button on a compatible router (most TRENDnet routers feature a WPS button), then press the WPS button on TRENDnet's Mini Wireless N Speed USB Adapter, confirm that you want to connect, and you're connected!
"This is the first ultra compact wireless n USB adapter on the market to feature MIMO technology." stated Sonny Su, Technology Director for TRENDnet. "All other solutions, of comparable size, are built around a single antenna or 150Mbps wireless n architecture. The two onboard antennas produce unmatched range and wireless throughput for a product of its size."
The Mini Wireless N Speed USB Adapter, model TEW-649UB, has an MSRP of US $29.99.
This product will be available from all of TRENDnet's online, retail, DMR, and distribution partners.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit