TRENDnet First to Market Ultra Compact Wireless N USB Adapter with MIMO Technology
TORRANCE, Calif. -October 7, 2009-TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today announces the availability of the Mini Wireless N Speed USB Adapter, model TEW-649UB. This is the first product of its size to offer a dual antenna architecture that features powerful Multiple Input Multiple Output, or MIMO, antenna technology-resulting in unmatched wireless range and throughput speed.
The ultra compact form factor is slightly larger than a U.S. quarter; measuring a remarkable 1.3 inches (3.3 cm) from end to end (the same size as TRENDnet's TEW-648UB). Wi-Fi Certification ensures the device complies with the full wireless n Specification. Advanced wireless encryption protects your valuable data. Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) Quality of Service prioritizes important video, audio and gaming traffic to create a premium wireless experience.
The Mini Wireless N Speed USB Adapter connects a laptop or desktop computer to a wireless n network at up to 8x the speed and 4x the coverage of a wireless g connection. One-touch Wi-Fi Protected Setup or WPS technology eliminates the hassle of entering complicated codes in order to connect to a wireless network. Simply press the WPS button on a compatible router (most TRENDnet routers feature a WPS button), then press the WPS button on TRENDnet's Mini Wireless N Speed USB Adapter, confirm that you want to connect, and you're connected!
"This is the first ultra compact wireless n USB adapter on the market to feature MIMO technology." stated Sonny Su, Technology Director for TRENDnet. "All other solutions, of comparable size, are built around a single antenna or 150Mbps wireless n architecture. The two onboard antennas produce unmatched range and wireless throughput for a product of its size."
The Mini Wireless N Speed USB Adapter, model TEW-649UB, has an MSRP of US $29.99.
This product will be available from all of TRENDnet's online, retail, DMR, and distribution partners.
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix could go big at E3 2019 with FF7 Remake
- AMD 50th anniversary Radeon VII, Ryzen 7 2700X teased
- Halo TV show will deliver character-focused storytelling
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 430.39 drivers: ready for GTX 1650
- Digital Storm teases GeForce RTX 2070 Max-P gaming laptops
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- The Game Industry Conference calls for Speakers
- Fantasy Smith VR is on Steam now, come make magical weapons for the cute adventurers!
- Monster Hunter Returns to Puzzle & Dragons in Fan-Favorite Collab
- As Esports Industry Grows, Doctors Address Needs of Unique New Athletes