TRENDnet First to Market Ultra Compact Wireless N USB Adapter with MIMO Technology
TORRANCE, Calif. -October 7, 2009-TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today announces the availability of the Mini Wireless N Speed USB Adapter, model TEW-649UB. This is the first product of its size to offer a dual antenna architecture that features powerful Multiple Input Multiple Output, or MIMO, antenna technology-resulting in unmatched wireless range and throughput speed.
The ultra compact form factor is slightly larger than a U.S. quarter; measuring a remarkable 1.3 inches (3.3 cm) from end to end (the same size as TRENDnet's TEW-648UB). Wi-Fi Certification ensures the device complies with the full wireless n Specification. Advanced wireless encryption protects your valuable data. Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) Quality of Service prioritizes important video, audio and gaming traffic to create a premium wireless experience.
The Mini Wireless N Speed USB Adapter connects a laptop or desktop computer to a wireless n network at up to 8x the speed and 4x the coverage of a wireless g connection. One-touch Wi-Fi Protected Setup or WPS technology eliminates the hassle of entering complicated codes in order to connect to a wireless network. Simply press the WPS button on a compatible router (most TRENDnet routers feature a WPS button), then press the WPS button on TRENDnet's Mini Wireless N Speed USB Adapter, confirm that you want to connect, and you're connected!
"This is the first ultra compact wireless n USB adapter on the market to feature MIMO technology." stated Sonny Su, Technology Director for TRENDnet. "All other solutions, of comparable size, are built around a single antenna or 150Mbps wireless n architecture. The two onboard antennas produce unmatched range and wireless throughput for a product of its size."
The Mini Wireless N Speed USB Adapter, model TEW-649UB, has an MSRP of US $29.99.
This product will be available from all of TRENDnet's online, retail, DMR, and distribution partners.
Latest News Posts
- Unreal is free for 2 days to celebrate its 20th anniversary
- Epic: $3 million charity prize pool for Fortnite at E3 2018
- Epic invests $100 million into eSports scene for Fortnite
- NZXT announces Battle Royale H700i 'Ninja Edition' case
- PUBG performance improvements, limb penetration coming soon
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit