TRENDnet First to Market Ultra Compact Wireless N USB Adapter with MIMO Technology
TORRANCE, Calif. -October 7, 2009-TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today announces the availability of the Mini Wireless N Speed USB Adapter, model TEW-649UB. This is the first product of its size to offer a dual antenna architecture that features powerful Multiple Input Multiple Output, or MIMO, antenna technology-resulting in unmatched wireless range and throughput speed.
The ultra compact form factor is slightly larger than a U.S. quarter; measuring a remarkable 1.3 inches (3.3 cm) from end to end (the same size as TRENDnet's TEW-648UB). Wi-Fi Certification ensures the device complies with the full wireless n Specification. Advanced wireless encryption protects your valuable data. Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) Quality of Service prioritizes important video, audio and gaming traffic to create a premium wireless experience.
The Mini Wireless N Speed USB Adapter connects a laptop or desktop computer to a wireless n network at up to 8x the speed and 4x the coverage of a wireless g connection. One-touch Wi-Fi Protected Setup or WPS technology eliminates the hassle of entering complicated codes in order to connect to a wireless network. Simply press the WPS button on a compatible router (most TRENDnet routers feature a WPS button), then press the WPS button on TRENDnet's Mini Wireless N Speed USB Adapter, confirm that you want to connect, and you're connected!
"This is the first ultra compact wireless n USB adapter on the market to feature MIMO technology." stated Sonny Su, Technology Director for TRENDnet. "All other solutions, of comparable size, are built around a single antenna or 150Mbps wireless n architecture. The two onboard antennas produce unmatched range and wireless throughput for a product of its size."
The Mini Wireless N Speed USB Adapter, model TEW-649UB, has an MSRP of US $29.99.
This product will be available from all of TRENDnet's online, retail, DMR, and distribution partners.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's new GDDR6 should power next-gen GeForce RTX 2080
- Resident Evil 2 Premium Edition costs a huge $900
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX overclocked to 6GHz with LN2
- Dishonored series is sleeping for now, says Arkane
- Bandai Namco may be making a new horror game
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market