Auzentech Solves Static Issue on Older-Model Denon AV Receivers; Offers Firmware Updates
Auzentech (www.auzentech.com) is pleased to announced that it has found a solution to problems of audio static when the Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD is connected to older-model Denon AV Receivers. A firmware update to the X-Fi HomeTheater HD Sound Card has been created to correct the problem.
As first reported in a September 4 Open Letter from Auzentech, Denon AV Receivers manufactured in early 2008 or before may produce static during playback of high definition bitstream audio with the Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD sound card. Although Denon did not respond to Auzentech's attempts to communicate about the problem, we located and purchased some earlier Denon receivers for analysis, and were successful in diagnosing the trouble.
Auzentech engineers found that earlier Denon receivers read HDMI audio sources differently than do newer models, or other receivers on the market. We do not know why the older units were designed to perform differently. However, you should not experience this problem if you own a more recently manufactured Denon receiver or a different brand of receiver.
To adapt the Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD to the unique HDMI implementation on Denon's older receivers, Auzentech will apply an X-Fi HomeTheater HD firmware update for anyone affected by the problem. The update will be performed by Auzentech or an authorized Auzentech dealer or technician. If you are an owner of the Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD and an older model receiver exhibiting audio static during high definition bitstream audio, please email Auzentech at the address listed below. We will provide guidance on how to update your product.
This firmware update offer includes shipping to and from Auzentech or its representatives. After December 31, 2009, the firmware update will still be available but will be governed by the terms of the warranty, which do not include free shipping. Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD sound cards shipped directly to customers from the Auzentech online store after October 19, 2009 will already have the firmware update applied. Models purchased in retail stores may have the original firmware, but are eligible for the update.
Additional updates on this issue will be released as Open Letters. To stay informed, please visit the pages listed below.
Subscribe to Auzentech News Feeds, especially Email Notifications for the X-Fi HomeTheater HD Sound Card
Visit the Auzentech Open Letters web page regularly
To all of Auzentech's customers who placed support tickets related to this issue: Thank you for helping us to diagnose and find a solution for the problem.
The Auzentech Team
About X-Fi HomeTheater HD
Enjoy Blu-ray movies in their full glory. The Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD sound card is a native-PCI Express sound card that provides non-downsampled audio during 24p video playback-the same video framerate seen in theaters. It can play Blu-ray Audio with no downsampling, and play high bit-rate audio such as Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio bitstream without altering the original sound.
Latest News Posts
- Sony's PS4 DualShock 4 gamepad: the most popular controller
- Tekken 7 receives a free DLC to celebrate 1-year anniversary
- Batman: Arkham developer to announce Superman game before E3
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance's modding tools/DLC's will be free
- Stardew Valley mod adds MEGA farm: unlimited online players
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit