ASETEK FIRST TO COOL AMD'S NEW ATI RADEON HD 4870 X2 DUAL GRAPHICS PROCESSOR CARDS
Liquid Cooling of AMD's "R700" Provides Gaming, Entertainment and Workstation OEMs with Outstanding Overclocking Performance - With virtually no noise
SAN JOSE, Calf. August 12, 2008 - Asetek's industry-leading, LCLC liquid cooling solution is now available for AMD's much anticipated multi-GPU cards, the ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 family of graphics cards (codenamed R700). The unique, liquid cooling approach is exactly what OEMs need to extract the highest performance from the graphics card and produce top-of-the-line gaming and entertainment products.
"Heat is an 'age-old' problem for computers. However, what once used to be a concern primarily for cutting-edge systems has now become an issue for everyone," says Gary Baum, Asetek's Senior VP of Marketing. "OEMs developing high-performance, low-noise systems require a safe thermal management solution that not only keeps their systems cool, but is easy to install, maintenance free, and most important, is virtually noise free,"
Baum continues: "The days of computers that sound like jet aircraft taking off are over. Our award-winning, LCLC provides worry-free, aggressive thermal management for advanced gaming and graphics-intensive applications-especially those using multiple GPUs like AMD's latest R700-based graphics cards."
When used as part of a Radeon HD 4870 X2 Crossfire configuration, the LCLC product consumes only two of the four PCI slots normally used, freeing up two slots for other configuration upgrades. End users now have additional configuration flexibility.
Tests indicate that Asetek's highly integrated, liquid cooling solution lowers the GPU temperatures found on the 4870 X2 by as much as 28 degrees. This enables the cards to have optimum overclocking potential for the extreme applications, but to also run completely silent. Only the system heat exchanger fan that typically runs at a very quiet 30 dB(A)-equivalent to a loud whisper-can be heard.
Asetek is the only liquid cooling company whose rigorous shock, vibration, and thermal stress testing assures a 50,000-hour operational lifetime with absolutely no end-user maintenance required.
Founded in 2000, Asetek is the world's leading system thermal and acoustic management solution provider. Headquartered in Denmark with offices in San Jose, California and Asia, Asetek works actively with leading-edge companies within the PC and workstation industry to ensure cost-effective thermal performance, low acoustic noise and system reliability is achieved. For more information, please visit http://www.asetek.com.
Latest News Posts
- Razer release two new headsets to the Hammerhead range
- EVGA reveal the DG-7 mid-tower gaming PC case range
- GIGABYTE announces Aorus K9 optical switch gaming keyboard
- Samsung might have accidentally teased foldable Galaxy X
- Uber taps Volvo, adds 24,000 self-driving cars to its gang
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ