Intel Unveils Fastest Laptop Chips Ever With the New Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 Mobile Processor
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 23, 2009 - Intel Corporation introduced its revolutionary Intel® Core i7 Mobile Processor and Intel® Core i7 Mobile Processor Extreme Edition today, bringing Intel's award-winning and super-fast Nehalem microarchitecture to the mobile market.
These processors in addition to the new Intel® PM55 Express Chipset, provide the best laptop experience for intense gaming, digital media, photos, music, business applications and other multi-threaded software that hungers for faster processing speed. The chips also boost overall performance when using several of these applications simultaneously.
"With intelligent features like Intel® Turbo Boost Technology1, Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology2 and a host of others, Intel has revolutionized the laptop PC processor, delivering performance when you need it, energy efficiency when you don't," said Dadi Perlmutter, executive vice president and general manager, Intel Architecture Group. "For the first time, mobile users can choose a laptop that delivers Internet-server like speed, right in their laps for the most demanding tasks, from intense gaming to digital video editing and social media applications."
Formerly codenamed "Clarksfield," Intel® Core i7 mobile processors offer Intel® Turbo Boost Technology1, which can accelerate the processor clock speed up to 75 percent to match workloads, as well as better performance on highly threaded applications with the power of Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology2. The new Intel® Core i7 mobile processors also include two-channel DDR3 1333 MHz memory support and full 1 x16 or 2 x8 PCI Express* 2.0 graphics. Whether users are editing a video, composing a song, playing a video game or updating their Facebook* status with the latest YouTube* video craze, Intel® Core i7 mobile processors adapt to provide the right processing power for the task, with more performance and flexibility to match their on-the-go needs.
Laptops with Intel® Core i7 mobile processor Extreme Edition support Intel® Extreme Memory Profiles (Intel® XMP) and Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, the ultimate tuning utility making it possible to overclock3 and fine tune your laptop for incredible performance and battery life optimizations. In addition, the Intel® PM55 Express Chipset enables high-end workstation and gaming laptops to support features such as Intel® Matrix Storage Technology, Intel® High-Definition Audio, and increased I/O interfaces.
Pricing and Availability
Leading OEMs including Asus, Dell, HP and Toshiba began shipping laptops today based on Intel® Core i7 mobile processors, with additional systems from OEMs available in the coming months. 1ku pricing for the Intel® Core i7-920XM, Intel® Core i7-820QM and Intel® Core i7-720QM mobile processors is $1,054, $546 and $364, respectively.
Intel, the world's largest chip maker, is also a leading manufacturer of computer, networking and communications products. Additional information about Intel is available at https://www.intel.com/pressroom
Latest News Posts
- Lords of the Fallen devs open indie publishing label
- JUMP FORCE leaks images of Dragon Quest and JoJo Characters
- Steam discounts Mortal Kombat franchise, up to 75% off
- Anthem head compares finished game details to upcoming demo
- Resident Evil 2 Remake 'one-shot demo' hits 2m players
- The Backside Line Does Keto Infinite Accel Forskolin Work?
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019