Intel Unveils Fastest Laptop Chips Ever With the New Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 Mobile Processor
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 23, 2009 - Intel Corporation introduced its revolutionary Intel® Core i7 Mobile Processor and Intel® Core i7 Mobile Processor Extreme Edition today, bringing Intel's award-winning and super-fast Nehalem microarchitecture to the mobile market.
These processors in addition to the new Intel® PM55 Express Chipset, provide the best laptop experience for intense gaming, digital media, photos, music, business applications and other multi-threaded software that hungers for faster processing speed. The chips also boost overall performance when using several of these applications simultaneously.
"With intelligent features like Intel® Turbo Boost Technology1, Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology2 and a host of others, Intel has revolutionized the laptop PC processor, delivering performance when you need it, energy efficiency when you don't," said Dadi Perlmutter, executive vice president and general manager, Intel Architecture Group. "For the first time, mobile users can choose a laptop that delivers Internet-server like speed, right in their laps for the most demanding tasks, from intense gaming to digital video editing and social media applications."
Formerly codenamed "Clarksfield," Intel® Core i7 mobile processors offer Intel® Turbo Boost Technology1, which can accelerate the processor clock speed up to 75 percent to match workloads, as well as better performance on highly threaded applications with the power of Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology2. The new Intel® Core i7 mobile processors also include two-channel DDR3 1333 MHz memory support and full 1 x16 or 2 x8 PCI Express* 2.0 graphics. Whether users are editing a video, composing a song, playing a video game or updating their Facebook* status with the latest YouTube* video craze, Intel® Core i7 mobile processors adapt to provide the right processing power for the task, with more performance and flexibility to match their on-the-go needs.
Laptops with Intel® Core i7 mobile processor Extreme Edition support Intel® Extreme Memory Profiles (Intel® XMP) and Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, the ultimate tuning utility making it possible to overclock3 and fine tune your laptop for incredible performance and battery life optimizations. In addition, the Intel® PM55 Express Chipset enables high-end workstation and gaming laptops to support features such as Intel® Matrix Storage Technology, Intel® High-Definition Audio, and increased I/O interfaces.
Pricing and Availability
Leading OEMs including Asus, Dell, HP and Toshiba began shipping laptops today based on Intel® Core i7 mobile processors, with additional systems from OEMs available in the coming months. 1ku pricing for the Intel® Core i7-920XM, Intel® Core i7-820QM and Intel® Core i7-720QM mobile processors is $1,054, $546 and $364, respectively.
Intel, the world's largest chip maker, is also a leading manufacturer of computer, networking and communications products. Additional information about Intel is available at https://www.intel.com/pressroom
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series