HighPoint Announces Industry's First 24-port PCI-Express 2.0 SAS/SATA RAID Controller at IDF 2009 PCI-Express Community
Sans Francisco, CA (September 21, 2009) HighPoint Technologies is announcing the industry's First PCI-Express 2.0 x8 lane 24-port SAS/SATA RAID host adapter at IDF 2009. The RocketRAID 4460 marks a major breakthrough in the industry by fully leveraging the PCI-Express 2.0 performance with 24-ports on a single host adapter. The high port count RocketRAID 4460 efficiently aggregates a large number of direct attached storage devices to realistically reach the maximum bandwidth of PCI-Express 2.0.
The RocketRAID 4460 is designed to deliver high performance and robust RAID features. It includes the Intel 1200MHz IOP348 I/O Processor, a 1GB DDR2-533 memory architecture upgradeable to 4GB, an optional battery backup module and PCI-Express x8 link host interface bus interconnection. The six SFF-8087 connectors and 1 SFF-8088 external connector are scalable to a maximum of 128 SAS and SATA devices.
The RocketRAID 4460 provides RAID levels 0, 1, 10, 3, 5, 6, 50, Single Disk or JBOD for maximum configuration flexibility. Comprehensive operating systems support includes Windows, Linux with in kernel support, FreeBSD, Mac OS X and key system monitoring features for enclosure management (SES2, SMP & SGPIO). RAID management utilities include the Web GUI, CLI (command line interface and the Firmware utility (pre-OS RAID Management) and the independent RAID module onboard.
HighPoint TerabyteArchitecture provides the robust RAID technology suite designed to achieve highly sustained performance and advance data protection to achieve business continuity. TerabyteStream is an intelligent algorithm delivering maximum sustained performance by dynamically detecting I/O streams leveraging a powerful I/O processor with onboard cache. TerabyteGuard is a selection of security features designed to maintain RAID integrity via routine inspection of storage hardware for defects induced by wear and tear. TerabyteSaver will maximize the rate of data recovery and prevents data loss in the event of unexpected failures; ensuring data availability and business continuity.
Product Pricing and Availability
The MSRP for the RocketRAID 4460 is $1699. The retail packaging includes the RocketRAID 4460 controller, (6) SFF-8087 cables, quick installation guide and software CD. It is available now through channel distribution partners (Bell Micro, D and H, MaLabs and ASI)
Latest News Posts
- SEGA announces Sonic franchise has shipped 800 million units
- Dynasty Warriors 8 hacks n' slashes its way onto the Switch
- Treasure hunt started for Dibalo III Eternal Collection
- COD: Black Ops 4 patch unlocks FPS cap in ALL modes on PC
- Red Dead Redemption 2 requires 89GB HDD space
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- Latest z370 taichi bios is not stable no matter what I do.
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam