CorsairÂ® Launches High Density DDR3 Memory for CoreÂ™ i5 and CoreÂ™ i7 Processors
- New 8GB and 12GB solutions, with new American Racing Blue DHX+ fins -
FREMONT, Calif., Aug. 27, 2009 - CorsairÂ®, a worldwide leader in high-performance computer memory, power supplies and flash memory products, including solid-state drives, today announced a new set of high density products for IntelÂ® Core i5 and Core i7 processors. These DIMMs are available in dual and triple channel configurations and are specifically tuned for Intel CPUs.
The 8GB and 12GB module kits feature Corsair's DHX+ cooling technology, and sport new American Racing Blue fins and highlights. The dual channel configuration, part number CMD8GX3M4A1600C8, consists of four matched 2GB modules, optimized for P55 motherboards. The triple channel configuration, part number CMD12GX3M6A1600C8, consists of six matched 2GB modules, and is optimized for X58 motherboards. Both sets of modules have XMP profiles set at 1600MHz, with CAS latency settings of 8-8-8-24. An Airflow fan with matching blue highlights is included with both the dual and triple channel configurations.
"WindowsÂ® 7Â™ early adopters and other power users have recently been demanding 8GB and 12GB performance memory solutions to optimize their computing experience," stated John Beekley, Vice President of Technical Marketing at Corsair. "These 8GB and 12GB configurations will allow these advanced users to get the most out of their high performance rigs, particularly if they often switch between demanding tasks like gaming and video production."
Corsair has recently produced a whitepaper detailing some of the performance gains that can be realized with memory configurations of 8GB and larger. You can find the results of this study here. The study demonstrated that the higher density memory took excellent advantage of the improved memory handling in Windows 7, and resulted in substantial performance gains in system startup, shutdown, context switching, and game loading.
About DHX+ Technology
Corsair's innovative DHX+ (Dual-path Heat eXchange Plus) technology uses specially designed, high-quality heatsinks and a custom-designed PCB that allows both the front and rear of the memory ICs, and the printed circuit board itself, to be cooled. DHX+ technology also allows for the cooling fins to be removed, allowing for a range of modular cooling accessories including extended heatsink fins, the Hydro H30 series water-block and Ice series T30 thermo-electric cooler, which cools the memory up to 20ËšC below room temperature for maximum overclocking performance.
Founded in 1994, Corsair Memory, Inc., is a worldwide leader in high performance components for personal computers. Specializing in very high performance memory and ultra- efficient power supplies, our flagship products, Including DominatorÂ™ memory modules, are the choice of overclockers, enthusiasts, and gamers everywhere. Our expertise in design and manufacturing is also evident in our complete line of Flash VoyagerÂ® and Flash SurvivorÂ™ USB storage devices. Corsair offers 24/7 customer support via forums and the Tech Support Express helpdesk. For more information, please visit https://www.corsair.com
Latest News Posts
- Vivo's next smartphone could feature a huge 10GB of RAM
- Ruin the fun in our 'Blockers' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Make a noise for our 'A Quiet Place' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new external GPU: Radeon Pro 580 with 8GB for $699
- Apple's most expensive new MacBook Pro costs an insane $6700
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit