HP Introduces First Professional Workstation with Six-core AMD Opteron Processor
HP today announced the immediate integration of the highly anticipated Six-Core AMD Opteron 2400 Series processor into the award-winning family of HP Workstations. Ideal for high-end workstation applications in fields such as engineering, 3-D digital content creation, oil and gas, and science, the HP xw9400 Workstation taps the power of the new AMD Opteron processors to deliver higher productivity, especially for multi-threaded applications, multi-tasking and mega-tasking environments.
With the built-in engineering advantages of HP's highly tuned workstations, the HP xw9400 Workstation can accommodate up to two Six-Core AMD Opteron processors - for a total of 12 cores - each of which offers up to 34 percent more performance per watt over the previous-generation quad-core processors.
"HP understands the immense pressure its customers are under to deliver more return on investment in a shorter period of time," said Jeff Wood, director, Worldwide Marketing, Workstations, HP. "By providing the most extreme combination of technologies - up to 12 cores in one workstation - HP continues its commitment to bringing customers leading-edge technologies."
AMD HyperTransport 3.0 technology (HT3) increases interconnect rates from 2 gigatransfers per second (GT/s) up to a maximum 4.8 GT/s, allowing the entire system to provide superior performance. Additionally, the HP xw9400 can be configured with the ATI FirePro V7750 3-D workstation graphics accelerator.
"The Six-Core AMD Opteron processor delivers top-line performance with no compromise in feature sets across the product line," said John Fruehe, director, Business Development, Server Workstation Business, AMD. "Including the Six-Core AMD Opteron processor and ATI FirePro V7750 3-D workstation graphics accelerator in the powerful HP xw9400 Workstation offers customers an optimal combination of computing performance and high-end graphics capability."
The HP xw9400 Workstation is registered as an Electronic Products Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT) Gold product, the highest rating available. All HP workstations are more than 90 percent recyclable by weight and incorporate a tool-less chassis design for quick and easy upgrades by hand. The HP xw9400 workstation includes an 80 PLUS power supply, which is substantially more efficient than a standard power supply, reducing both overall energy usage and the amount of waste heat released into the environment.
Companies use HP Workstations to design everything from running shoes to race cars, animated characters to deep-sea submersibles, and to manage everything from billions of dollars of tradable securities to mission-critical IT environments.
The HP xw9400 Workstation starts at a U.S. list price of $1,899 and is available for purchase at hp.com/go/workstations
Latest News Posts
- Scooby-Doo's 'Shaggy' added to JUMP FORCE roster by modder
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 'Joker' stage title 'Mementos'
- Guild Wars 2 developers prep for lay-offs and restructuring
- Nintendo Switch could feature Xbox Games Pass by end of 2019
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Realms of Arkania - Star Trail available for Xbox One
- Death Mark Coming Soon to Terrify Players on Steam
- The Way Remastered Reaches Top of Nintendo eShop EU Charts
- Batman: Arkham City for macOS updated to 64-bit
- Drop into TERA x PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Collaboration on March 5