Velocity Micro® Announces the Availability of Intel® Core i7-950 and Core i7-975 Extreme Edition Processor Powered PCs
Intel Core i7-950 and Core i7-975 Extreme Edition processor-based systems immediately available on a number of gaming, workstation, and home and office systems from the boutique builder
Richmond, VA - June 3, 2009 - Velocity Micro, the premier independent builder of premium, high performance desktop computers, notebooks, and peripherals, announces the immediate availability of desktop PCs powered by the newest additions to the Intel® Core i7 family of processors, the Core i7-950 and Core i7-975 Extreme Edition. With configurations starting at around $1800, the Core i7-950 and Core i7-975 processor powered desktops promise extreme performance that's just the right fit for gamers, digital media editors, and PC enthusiasts.
"Velocity Micro has always made it a priority to make the very latest technology available to our customers," said Chip Lowell, Vice President of Velocity Micro. "With the introduction of the Core i7-950 and Core i7-975 processors to our lineup, we continue to offer some of the most powerful, bleeding edge PCs on the market."
The new performance king of the Core i7 family, the Core i7-975 Extreme Edition runs four cores at a whopping 3.33GHz each. An unlocked multiplier makes it a highly overclockable processor, great for users looking for the most intense gaming or digital media editing experience available. At 3.06GHz, the mid-range Core i7-950 is available at a price point perfect for enthusiasts looking for serious computing power at a more mainstream value. Core i7-950 and Core i7-975 Extreme Edition processor options will be available on select Raptor and Edge gaming systems as well as the Vector Z35 home and office desktop and the ProMagix HD60 workstation.
"These new additions to our Core i7 processor lineup are a big step forward for microprocessor technology," said CJ Bruno, VP, GM Americas Sales & Marketing. "Hardcore gamers and media enthusiasts will love the extra headroom and we are thrilled that Velocity Micro is able to offer these new processors in their ultra-performance desktops at launch."
All Velocity Micro PCs are hand built and supported in the USA. To configure a Core i7 processor based system or another ultra performance desktop, notebook, or netbook, visit https://www.velocitymicro.com/. Velocity Micro desktops, peripherals, and netbooks are also available from select retailers nationwide.
About Velocity Micro
Velocity Micro, Inc. is the premier high-performance personal computer provider in North America. Founded in 1992, Richmond, Va.-based Velocity Micro custom builds award winning gaming, mobile, multimedia, home office, small business, pro workstation, and visual supercomputer solutions. Velocity Micro consumer systems are available at Frys, Best Buy, and select Staples retail stores nationwide, as well as online vendors Amazon.com, Newegg.com, TigerDirect.com, CompUSA.com, and many others. For more information on Velocity Micro, please call (800) 303-7866.
Velocity Micro has earned over 45 industry awards, including 11 PC Magazine Editor's Choice awards. CNET, Maximum PC, Mobile PC, PC World, Computer Gaming World, Computer Shopper, and PC Gamer editors have all chosen Velocity Micro systems as some of the industry's best-performing, highest-quality, and most reliable PCs.
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i9-9900K rumor: 8C/16T at a huge 5.5GHz on Aug 1
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole DLC release date unveil
- 1 hour of gameplay footage released for Forza Horizon 4
- VirtualLink: next-gen VR over a single USB Type-C cable
- World of Warcraft expansions, now only a $15 subscription
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit