REDMOND, WA - APRIL 11, 2019 - Grapeshot Games today launched the ATLAS Mega-Update 1.5, a revised vision of the pirate survival MMO, after a three month culmination of intensely focused development to improve core game mechanics. The ATLAS map is now expanded with 40% more land and exotic regions to explore and claim within the new "Colonies" game mode.
"Colonies" takes place on a fresh network, and is designed with progress-protecting and offline-raiding rules to facilitate a cooperative atmosphere, geared towards smaller and more casual groups. This massive content and QOL update also delivers deep sea "Super Trenches," eight new mission questlines, a Submarine vehicle, procedurally-generated Shipwrecks, new weapons, cosmetics and more!
Developed by the creators of the dinosaur survival adventure ARK: Survival Evolved, ATLAS hosts up to 40,000 players exploring the same globe simultaneously, leading to an unprecedented scale of encounters, conflict and exploration. ATLAS is now available on Steam Early Access for the weekend promotional price of $14.99 ($29.99 Early Access S.R.P).
ATLAS Mega-Update 1.5 new features and content includes:
- Claim New Lands!: The ATLAS world now has 40% more islands and unique land masses to grab as your own, along with a new world map layout.
- "Colonies" Redesign Claim System: In "Colonies," hosted on a fresh new network, players claim "Island Settlements" where they can set customized PvP hours to have the much-coveted "offline raid protection." Anyone can build - with specialized rules - on other settlers' islands, and players benefit from cooperating with other settlers within an island to reduce its "upkeep" cost. They can rename the island to their liking, while declaring war on other islands if they want to go on the offense. The originally launched open-PvP mode is now known as "Empires," whereas PvE will be a modified version of Colonies.
- Deep Ocean Trench Environment and Submarine Vehicle: A new area to explore, guarded by powerful underwater creatures and home to the Giant Crab!
- Giant Crab can carry heavy loads, along with players, tames and wild creatures.
- Submarine vehicle allows pirates explore the depths of the ocean. The small scouting submarine has claw arms to help harvest the ocean floor and explore (or demolish!) player shipwrecks - comes equipped with a harpoon that will ramp up oceanic combat.
- Quest and Mission Additions:
- New 'Mainline Quest' where players are tasked with gathering nine trench stones and defeating the hard mode Kraken!
- Seven additional Quests that upon successful completion unlock their own unique Skill.
- Procedurally Generated Shipwrecks: Players can explore these abandoned vessels for items and blueprints. Discover these ships by either diving deep into the ocean, looking out for their visual indicator on the surface of the water, or successfully completing the sextant mini-game which will point you in the right direction.
- Player Shops: Players can set up automated shops, listing loot for sale and naming their price!
- New Cosmetics: Hook hands, Peg Legs and multiple Armor Sets to customize the look of your company and crew! Also, new Ship cosmetics!
- 'Human Catapult' Mechanic: Deploy characters into battle by launching them into the air!
- Guillotine: Hanging your foes in a noose taking too long? Off with their heads!
- A new secure person-to-person trading system
- Explosive Barrels can now be carried by hand, thrown overboard to sink and give a "Depth Charge" when colliding with anything underwater.
- "Snow" weather system for both Polar and Tundra cold regions.
- The beautiful Aurora Borealis light now displays in specific regions - see it and grab a harvesting bonus!
- There is much, much more! More update details can be found in the ATLAS forums.
ATLAS is a massively multiplayer first-person pirate adventure. Stake your claim in the endless open world as you conquer territory, construct ships, assemble forts, plunder settlements and hire crew to join your powerful armada. Campaign with over 40,000 simultaneous online players, as your influence expands from a small island, to a pirate empire that spans the Globe. Wage battle against enemy ships, dive deep into the briny water to explore sunken wrecks and claim your treasure! Discover new lands rich with elements, tame natural and mythical creatures, raid forgotten tombs, confront powerful ancient gods and even build your own colonies, cities, and civilizations in this ultimate quest for glory!
For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information:
- Hoist ye sails to our Homepage: www.playatlas.com/
- Natter n' chatter on Discord: discord.gg/playatlas
- Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: Twitter.com/sailtheatlas
- Navigate ye olde Subreddit: www.reddit.com/r/playatlas
- Watch us scallywags on Twitch: twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
- Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/playatlasgame
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de