Aeneon by Qimonda introduces DDR3 SO-DIMMs, Bringing Power Saving, High-Performance Memory to Notebooks
Munich, Germany, July 22, 2008 - Aeneon by Qimonda, the channel and retail brand of Qimonda, announced its new DDR3 SO-DIMMs (Small Outline Dual Inline Memory Modules) which provide power saving and high performance to the industry's first DDR3 notebooks based on the Intel(r) Centrino(r) 2 processor technology.
Aeneon is among the first retail memory brands to offer 1GB and 2GB DDR3-1066 SO-DIMMs to the market. The modules use low-power 1Gbit DDR3 components and feature competitive latencies of 7-7-7-21 at standard DDR3 voltage of 1.5V - ideal for mobile computing. The DDR3 SO-DIMMs will be made available worldwide in single retail package from August 2008.
"We are pleased to offer the DDR3 memory technology to the retail market enabling a wider group of users to experience the new Intel Centrino 2 technology," said Dr Carsten Gatzke, Vice President of Qimonda's Channel and Retail Business Unit. "DDR3 will be the key memory architecture for several years. With this introduction, Aeneon shows its commitment to provide a broad portfolio of advanced memory products to the retail."
These new DDR3 modules, together with the high density DDR2-800 SO-DIMMs are part of Aeneon's portfolio of retail DRAM solutions tailored for the new Intel Centrino 2 platforms.
Qimonda AG (NYSE: QI) is a leading global memory supplier with a broad diversified DRAM product portfolio. The company generated net sales of Euro 3.61 billion in its financial year 2007 and had approximately 13,500 employees worldwide. Qimonda has access to five 300mm manufacturing sites on three continents and operates six major R&D facilities. The company provides DRAM products for a wide variety of applications, including in the computing, infrastructure, graphics, mobile and consumer areas, using its power saving technologies and designs. Further information is available at http://www.qimonda.com/
Latest News Posts
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- The Division movie secures John Wick, Deadpool 2 director
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit