Aeneon by Qimonda introduces DDR3 SO-DIMMs, Bringing Power Saving, High-Performance Memory to Notebooks
Munich, Germany, July 22, 2008 - Aeneon by Qimonda, the channel and retail brand of Qimonda, announced its new DDR3 SO-DIMMs (Small Outline Dual Inline Memory Modules) which provide power saving and high performance to the industry's first DDR3 notebooks based on the Intel(r) Centrino(r) 2 processor technology.
Aeneon is among the first retail memory brands to offer 1GB and 2GB DDR3-1066 SO-DIMMs to the market. The modules use low-power 1Gbit DDR3 components and feature competitive latencies of 7-7-7-21 at standard DDR3 voltage of 1.5V - ideal for mobile computing. The DDR3 SO-DIMMs will be made available worldwide in single retail package from August 2008.
"We are pleased to offer the DDR3 memory technology to the retail market enabling a wider group of users to experience the new Intel Centrino 2 technology," said Dr Carsten Gatzke, Vice President of Qimonda's Channel and Retail Business Unit. "DDR3 will be the key memory architecture for several years. With this introduction, Aeneon shows its commitment to provide a broad portfolio of advanced memory products to the retail."
These new DDR3 modules, together with the high density DDR2-800 SO-DIMMs are part of Aeneon's portfolio of retail DRAM solutions tailored for the new Intel Centrino 2 platforms.
Qimonda AG (NYSE: QI) is a leading global memory supplier with a broad diversified DRAM product portfolio. The company generated net sales of Euro 3.61 billion in its financial year 2007 and had approximately 13,500 employees worldwide. Qimonda has access to five 300mm manufacturing sites on three continents and operates six major R&D facilities. The company provides DRAM products for a wide variety of applications, including in the computing, infrastructure, graphics, mobile and consumer areas, using its power saving technologies and designs. Further information is available at http://www.qimonda.com/
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, 5th best selling game for 2018
- Nintendo to reveal 'Indie Highlights' games for Switch 2019
- Overwatch tease 'Lunar New Year' Chinese dynasty theme skins
- FromSoftware President wouldn't mind a Demon Souls Remaster
- Resident Evil 2 to get 'Ghost Survivors' mode after launch
- Fractal Design Meshify S2 Black Dark TG Mid-Tower Review
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- AZZ Inc. Issues Fiscal Year 2020 Guidance; Revenue of $950 - $1,030 million and Earnings per Share of $2.25 - $2.75
- The mobile communication antenna market will register a CAGR of over 6% by 2023
- Tractica and ConnecTechAsia Team Up with Knowledge Partnership
- ODEM Applauds Blockchain Centre Vilnius on Its First Anniversary
- Dale North Kicks Off PERFECT SELECTION Compilation Series