Kajaani, Finland 16th of January, 2019 - Award-winning Finnish developers Team Jolly Roger have revealed the release date for their strategic deep-space artillery game Worbital. Set to launch for Steam on January 31st, the game promises to ignite the solar system with a unique blend of long-range combat and cosmic chaos. Worbital is also planned to be released for PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch later this year.
A spiritual follow-up to Team Jolly Roger's last game Interplanetary, Worbital takes the premise of flinging artillery across the solar system and amps it up with real-time strategy combat and gleeful destruction. Players will command planets that bristle with gigantic guns and lasers, exotic fortifications like planetary shields, and even maniacal doomsday weapons such as the World Rammer. They will need these in the ever-shifting battlefield of a star system, where a foe can be worlds away one moment and right in your orbit the next. With both online and local multiplayer, as well as skirmishes versus AI, the potential for pandemonium is limitless.
Team Jolly Roger about their second full in-house release: "Worbital is almost here, finally! Exciting times! We couldn't have done it without our wonderful Discord community, which grew beyond our expectations during the Worbital beta. Their feedback has been priceless in helping us create a game that we hope can stand proud among its venerable artillery-strategy ancestors. We want Worbital to be the kind of wacky, fun game that people gather around and enjoy playing together."
Supporting Assets and Links
- Worbital Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/761910/Worbital/
- Worbital Press Kit: http://teamjollyroger.fi/press/sheet.php?p=worbital
Latest News Posts
- Warhammer: Chaosbane 2nd round of beta access available now
- Kid Goku (GT) will be added to Dragon Ball FighterZ in May
- Overcooked 2 new season pass 'Campfire Cook Off' DLC out now
- Elmo fixes feud between Cersei and Tyrion in Game of Thrones
- Mortal Kombat 11 launch trailer is a high dose of nostalgia
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- BIOS settings CPU Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4, x470
- Cougar Vortex RGB HPB 120 PWM HDB Cooling Kit Review
- Reolink RLC-422 PoE Dome Camera Review
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!