CAMBRIDGE, Mass. and ATHENS, Greece, Sept. 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Seven Bridges, the leading biomedical data platform and analytics company, and e-NIOS, a biological knowledge discovery start-up, announced a strategic partnership towards data-driven discovery of biomarker signatures. Derivation of robust biomarkers from next generation sequencing and multi-omic data is currently a major bottleneck in precision medicine initiatives. This bottleneck continues to limit the transformation of genomic information into biomedical insights that will improve clinical outcomes through more efficient drug target discovery and more effective patient stratification.
Together, we are leveraging machine learning and physiology to improve and partially automate interpretation of potential biomarkers. Currently, interpretation is largely performed manually, relying on expert decisions. Human experts are both costly and inconsistent. Our partnership will develop efficient and standardized interpretation frameworks which harness the inherent complexity of molecular networks. This partnership has the potential to shift from listing all statistical correlations towards focusing on a smaller set of causal associations.
e-NIOS' innovative technology enables unsupervised, intelligent translation of -omics data through BioInfoMiner, a cloud platform that resolves biological complexity and derives molecular signatures suitable for data-driven interpretation in different conditions, physiological states and datasets. Additionally, it allows the integration of different -omic layers (genomic, epigenomic, transcriptomic, proteomic, variants). BioInfoMiner can also drive discovery in studies related to plant and microbial systems.
According to e-NIOS' co-founder Aristotelis Chatziioannou (CEO), "e-NIOS and Seven Bridges share the same vision for data-driven, streamlined computational genomics, integrating all steps from raw data to actionable biological interpretation. The Seven Bridges Platform is a valuable, high-performance cloud environment for the deployment of complex workflows and streamlined processing of massive, genomic datasets. Seven Bridges has been an excellent technological partner for our company as we work together to enable innovative, automated, data-driven biomarker industrial services and applications in the area of precision medicine."
As Brandi Davis-Dusenbery, CEO of Seven Bridges, explained, "e-NIOS' technology has the unique ability to combine biological network information with data-driven models. Here we bring together the technical and scientific strengths of both companies to provide a complete solution for the prediction of biomarker associations from raw data. Our strategic partnership supports Seven Bridges' mission to connect the world's biomedical information and rapidly transform it into actionable information."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Roar for 'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Blu-ray giveaway
- MyDigtialSSD ships BPX Pro and lowers prices
- PlayStation Classic: Sony can't prevent hacking with patches
- Devil May Cry 5 has optional microtransactions
- Don't walk - run for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- Battery Issue
- Crucial BX500 SSD Review - Fewer Components, Lower Prices
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games