The First Installment in the Watercolor-Shaded War Series Reports for Duty on Nintendo Switch - 25% Discount for Digital VC4 Owners
Plus, Valkyria Chronicles 4 Add-On Schedule and Preview!
IRVINE, Calif. - September 4, 2018- SEGA of America is happy to announce that the original Valkyria Chronicles is heading to the Nintendo Switch eShop on October 16, 2018! Experience the tale of Lieutenant Welkin Gunther, Sergeant Alicia Melchiott, and their comrades in Squad 7 in Valkyria Chronicles on the Nintendo Switch. With stunning graphics from the CANVAS shader, this is the perfect way for fans to experience Squad 7's story for the first time or rediscover it on a brand-new platform. See the game in action in the announcement trailer!
The game will be available digitally on the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo Switch on October 16, 2018 for $19.99, giving players the ability to command Squad 7 on the go for the first time on a Nintendo platform. Additionally, anyone who purchases Valkyria Chronicles 4 (releasing September 25, 2018) through the Nintendo eShop will automatically receive a $5.00 discount during checkout for Valkyria Chronicles - 25% off the original price! This promotion will run from the game's launch on October 16, 2018 to December 17, 2018.
Valkyria Chronicles Features:
- Valkyria Chronicles on the Go- Command your troops wherever you go with the versatility and portability of the Nintendo Switch.
- The Full Valkyria Chronicles Experience- All DLC from the original release of Valkyria Chronicles is included in the base package.
- A War Fought on Two Fronts - Taking place during the Second Europan War, the same conflict featured in the upcoming Valkyria Chronicles 4, Valkyria Chronicles follows the story of Lieutenant Welkin Gunther of Squad 7 as they fight to repel the invasion of the East Europan Imperial Alliance.
- CANVAS Aesthetics and BLiTZ Combat- Fall in love with the unique features of the Valkyria series; the stunning hand-drawn watercolor aesthetics of the CANVAS shader combined with the innovative tactical BLiTZ battle system make for an unforgettable gameplay experience.
- A Legendary Series Needs a Legendary Composer- Series composer Hitoshi Sakimoto brings the battlefield to life with an unforgettable, expertly-crafted soundtrack.
- Head over to the official Valkyria Chronicles website for more information.
Valkyria Chronicles 4 Add-on Content Schedule:
Valkyria Chronicles 4 is launching on September 25! If you end up being the proud owner of the 'Memoirs from Battle' Premium Edition of the game, you'll have instant access to the Valkyria Chronicles crossover add-on missions - 'A United Front with Squad 7' and 'Edy's Advance Ops.' For owners of the launch / standard edition of the game, don't worry - you won't be left out in the cold! Below you can see the full add-on mission release schedule for Valkyria Chronicles 4:
Memoirs from Battle" Premium Edition
Take the fight to the Empire with the Valkyria Chronicles 4 "Memoirs from Battle" premium edition, and dive into two new adventures with your favorite Squad 7 characters from the original Valkyria Chronicles. This special edition release (MSRP - $99.99) comes equipped with an exclusive artbook themed as Claude's travel journal from the game and a replica of his mighty tank, the Hafen. Arm yourself for the battle ahead by pre-ordering the "Memoirs from Battle" premium edition today at http://valkyria.sega.com!
Exclusive to the Valkyria Chronicles 4 "Memoirs from Battle Edition"*:
- Exclusive Vinyl Statue of the "Hafen" Tank- Triumphantly bursting onto the scene, the "Hafen" tank vinyl statue is ready to conquer the snowy battlegrounds of Europa. More than just a tank, the "Hafen", named after Claude's hometown in Gallia, is a meaningful symbol for all of Squad E's members. This version may not have the firepower of the original, but it makes a great centerpiece for any fan's collection!
- "Claude's Travel Journal" Exclusive 100-Page Themed ArtbookValkyria Chronicles 4's story is told through the photos, notes, and memories captured in Claude's travel journal. This exclusive artbook, inspired by Claude's journal in-game, features a wide selection of the beautiful watercolor-styled art from Valkyria Chronicles 4.
- A Pair of DLC Adventures Featuring Squad 7 Characters- "A United Front with Squad 7" and "Edy's Advance Ops" reunite fans of the original Valkyria Chronicles with the soldiers of Squad 7. Fight alongside Welkin, Alicia, Isara, Rosie, Largo, and Edy in over 3 hours of gameplay across 4 exclusive story missions, featuring fully-voiced cutscenes and unique challenges! After completing these missions, you'll unlock those six Squad 7 members, as well as Edy's personal submachine gun for use in your army in the main game. Bolster your forces with the renowned soldiers of Squad 7!
Squad 7 DLC missions are available immediately through a download code included in the "Memoirs from Battle Edition." They will be available as an add-on item on all platforms around the game launch.
Valkyria Chronicles 4 Features:
- A Coming-of-Age Story in a Time of War- Valkyria Chronicles 4 takes place in the same timeframe as the original Valkyria Chronicles, but focuses on a whole new cast of main characters. Players will take command of the eager, young Commander Claude Wallace, engineer/heavy weapons extraordinaire Riley Miller, hotheaded Darcsen Raz, ice-cold ace sniper Kai Schulen, and more. Together, they will experience the painful realities of war-but will the bonds of Squad E's friendships survive the frozen battlefield?
- The Next Generation "BLiTZ" Battle System- The part overhead turn-based strategy, part RPG, and part real-time 3rd person shooter "BLiTZ" battle system returns to the field. New features include an explosive new class called the Grenadier, numerous offensive/defensive battleship support options, chances for a unit to have a "Last Stand" action before death, and more. Plus, fight the imperial threat with more units on larger-scale maps than ever before.
- CANVAS Aesthetics- The series' signature hand-drawn visual style is back and overhauled for the newest generation. Inspired by watercolor compositions, the CANVAS Graphics Engine blends visual elements of reality and imagination to create an expressive world filled with colorful emotions. Watch the journey of Squad E unfold like an interactive painting!
- The Return of a Legendary Composer- The illustrious Hitoshi Sakimoto, original composer of the Valkyria Chronicles series and countless other emotional epics, returns to provide a sweeping orchestral score for Valkyria Chronicles 4.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de