Visbit, the leading virtual reality (VR) and 360-degree video streaming technology company, today released a Unity SDK and a Web VR Player, expanding the industry's first all-in-one VR streaming service across all mobile VR platforms and most web browsers.
VR content publishers and developers can now access 4K+ VR streaming technology across all mobile VR platforms including Google Daydream View and Cardboard for iOS, as well as most major mobile and desktop browsers
"Unity support has been a long-time request from our customers. We are proud to bring 4K+ VR video streaming to the Unity community," said Dr. Changyin Zhou, Visbit co-founder and CEO. "We're also adding the Web VR Player, which dramatically reduces the difficulties of distribution and improves access for general consumers of VR and 360-degree experiences. Now content creators can generate a web link on the Publisher Portal to share their work, or embed video links on their website, while still protecting their content with domain-level privacy."
This release marks a significant service expansion for the company. In addition to the Samsung Gear VR and Cardboard for Android, which Visbit already supports, the Unity SDK bring support for Google Daydream View and Cardboard for iOS. Though streaming is optimized overall, the Unity SDK stands out when used to develop Android apps for Google Cardboard because it pulls on patented VVOS technology, allowing 4K and above resolution streaming over regular Wi-Fi and LTE networks, with little to no latency.
Visbit's newly released Web VR Player is compatible with the widest range of mobile and desktop browsers. Though it does not use VVOS technology, it still allows for the smooth playback of 360-degree VR videos, even in 4K and stereoscopic, and can do so in panning, gyro and VR modes on Chrome, Safari, FireFox and Microsoft Edge. Videos are also protected with domain-level privacy to ensure that they are played only where the IP owner wants. These features are especially outstanding considering that most web players fail to play 360-degree videos well on Safari or any browser on iOS, and do not support stereoscopic.
Along with this product expansion comes a new pricing structure, which includes a Web Only Plan for those who may not need the advanced features designed for mobile apps and a Free Plan for those who are just getting started.
Visbit is currently in open beta and customers can sign up at https://www.visbit.co. The company will continue expanding platform support for its VR streaming service, including desktop and console VR headsets.
About Visbit, Inc.
Visbit Inc. is a visual technology company enabling 360-degree videos and VR content to be easily streamed and viewed at the highest possible quality across multiple platforms. With its patented Visbit View-Optimized Streaming (VVOS) technology, Visbit offers content publishers and app developers the world's first all-in-one streaming service that can deliver and play 4K to 12K resolution 360-degree VR videos without noticeable latency over regular Wi-Fi and LTE for mobile and eventually all VR headsets. The service is made of a publisher portal for content management and BI analytics, a VR cloud for transcoding, streaming via CDN and hosting, and a set of VR player SDKs.
The company was founded in 2015 by Dr. Changyin Zhou and Elaine Lu, and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, USA. For more information go to https://www.visbit.com
Latest News Posts
- Kid Goku (GT) will be added to Dragon Ball FighterZ in May
- Overcooked 2 new season pass 'Campfire Cook Off' DLC out now
- Elmo fixes feud between Cersei and Tyrion in Game of Thrones
- Mortal Kombat 11 launch trailer is a high dose of nostalgia
- Game of Thrones premiere pirated 55 million times in 1 day
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- BIOS settings CPU Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4, x470
- Cougar Vortex RGB HPB 120 PWM HDB Cooling Kit Review
- Reolink RLC-422 PoE Dome Camera Review
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!