Phison Electronics (TPEX:8299), a leading NAND flash controller solution provider, today announced its latest PS8226 eMMC controller at 2017 Computex Taipei. This eMMC 5.1 compliant controller aims to support the vast 3D TLC technology from multiple NAND memory companies.
The second half of 2017 will see a strong demand for mobile devices. Driven by the increasing performance and capacity requirements from high-resolution video and streaming applications, various smartphone manufacturers plan on introducing an array of new products in the next quarters, and the eMMC and eMCP storage devices are in high demand. Phison is optimistic that the new PS8226 with 3D NAND solutions will capture a significant share in the mobile storage market.
The expansion of the mobile market saw Phison's eMMC/eMCP controller solutions benefiting from Tier-1 smartphone brands design-wins through strategic NAND and module partners. PS8226 is set to continue this trend. Currently, the 2D to 3D NAND transition is aggressively driven by all memory manufacturers, and the PS8226 will contribute as the first independent eMMC controller taking advantage of 3D TLC's high density and performance. The strong momentum of PS8226 solutions will also pave the way for the next generation UFS (Universal Flash Storage) adopting 3D TLC NAND.
In order to deliver the best endurance out of the emerging 3D NAND, PS8226 is equipped with Phison's proprietary StrongECC correction engine. Utilizing an optimized power domain management scheme and innovative hardware architecture, the power consumption of PS8226 has reduced by 50% while the random performances have doubled compared to the 2D NAND eMMC solutions. The efficient design of the PS8226 effectively removes the need for additional passive components in the eMMC package, enabling significant overall BOM savings. These advantages of PS8226 will help customers accomplish high performance, robust, power-efficient and cost-competitive 3D eMMC/eMCP mobile solutions.
Phison PS8226 Highlights:
- eMMC 5.1 compliant with Command Queue support
- Supports latest 3D MLC & TLC, up to 8 NAND CE, capacity up to 256GB
- Proprietary StrongECC guarantees the 3D TLC reliability: Compared to a traditional BCH ECC engine, the StrongECC improves 30% in decoding capability and saves 70% more power
- 3D TLC sequential performance: Up to 310MB/s read and 220MB/s write
- 3D TLC random performance: Up to 22K IOPS read and 29K IOPS write
Latest News Posts
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Apex Legends turning their son transsexual, says parents
- Serexin: https://www.ketotoneworld.com/serexin-reviews/
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- Very odd boot behavior on three identical x399 Taichi builds.
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases