Phison Electronics (8299.TW), a worldwide industry leader in flash controller and NAND solutions, kicks off its showcase at Computex 2017, displaying its latest and greatest technologies in SSD, USB, SD, and UFS solutions. Invited attendees and partners will be given sneak preview demos of upcoming 3D NAND solutions with Phison controllers. The key focus for Phison in the 2nd half of 2017 will be enabling next generation 3D NAND across all types of flash controllers.
Phison is excited about the next generation 3D NAND from Toshiba and Micron. Currently, early engineering development data have exhibited an improvement of 8x endurance, 4x performance, and 20% power efficiency over the 2016 predominate 2D NAND. "The next generation 3D NAND from both Toshiba and Micron enables Phison to provide more energy efficient solutions to our partners in mobile and extends product field life for our partners targeting enterprise storage respectively. This is a huge breakthrough for the storage industry." - CS Ma, Phison CTO
"Today's system designers are increasingly relying on Micron to help them meet the growing demands of mobile computing and hyper scale data centers. Micron is pleased to bring our 3D NAND solutions to Phison to help them innovate while improving speed, performance and capacity that can be applied to all of their storage applications." - Eric Endebrock, Micron VP Storage Solutions Marketing
The next generation 3D NAND directly provides major benefits for PCIe storage solutions. Both Phison's PS5008-E8 and PS5008-E8T controllers now provide a mainstream, high-performance solution in a small package from M.2 2280 to BGA SSD. The challenges of high performance, high capacity, efficient power, and thermal can now be addressed in the smallest industry form factor like the BGA 1113 package. With PCIe SSD adoption ontrack to surpass SATA SSD by the end of 2017, Phison expects both PS5008-E8 and PS5008-E8T controllers to gain significant demand.
Customer sampling of the following controllers with "Next Generation 3D NAND" will be ready in Q3 of 2017:
Latest News Posts
- Scooby-Doo's 'Shaggy' added to JUMP FORCE roster by modder
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 'Joker' stage title 'Mementos'
- Guild Wars 2 developers prep for lay-offs and restructuring
- Nintendo Switch could feature Xbox Games Pass by end of 2019
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- Realms of Arkania - Star Trail available for Xbox One
- Death Mark Coming Soon to Terrify Players on Steam
- The Way Remastered Reaches Top of Nintendo eShop EU Charts
- Batman: Arkham City for macOS updated to 64-bit
- Drop into TERA x PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Collaboration on March 5