Phison Electronics (8299.TW), a worldwide industry leader in flash controller and NAND solutions, kicks off its showcase at Computex 2017, displaying its latest and greatest technologies in SSD, USB, SD, and UFS solutions. Invited attendees and partners will be given sneak preview demos of upcoming 3D NAND solutions with Phison controllers. The key focus for Phison in the 2nd half of 2017 will be enabling next generation 3D NAND across all types of flash controllers.
Phison is excited about the next generation 3D NAND from Toshiba and Micron. Currently, early engineering development data have exhibited an improvement of 8x endurance, 4x performance, and 20% power efficiency over the 2016 predominate 2D NAND. "The next generation 3D NAND from both Toshiba and Micron enables Phison to provide more energy efficient solutions to our partners in mobile and extends product field life for our partners targeting enterprise storage respectively. This is a huge breakthrough for the storage industry." - CS Ma, Phison CTO
"Today's system designers are increasingly relying on Micron to help them meet the growing demands of mobile computing and hyper scale data centers. Micron is pleased to bring our 3D NAND solutions to Phison to help them innovate while improving speed, performance and capacity that can be applied to all of their storage applications." - Eric Endebrock, Micron VP Storage Solutions Marketing
The next generation 3D NAND directly provides major benefits for PCIe storage solutions. Both Phison's PS5008-E8 and PS5008-E8T controllers now provide a mainstream, high-performance solution in a small package from M.2 2280 to BGA SSD. The challenges of high performance, high capacity, efficient power, and thermal can now be addressed in the smallest industry form factor like the BGA 1113 package. With PCIe SSD adoption ontrack to surpass SATA SSD by the end of 2017, Phison expects both PS5008-E8 and PS5008-E8T controllers to gain significant demand.
Customer sampling of the following controllers with "Next Generation 3D NAND" will be ready in Q3 of 2017:
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Rust will leave Steam Early Access on February 8
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top