Nokia today announced its multi-year virtual reality (VR) technology agreement with The Walt Disney Studios continues with new immersive experiences to complement Lucasfilm's Star Wars: The Last Jedi, which arrives in theaters this December.
VR content created with OZO VR camera and software continues multi-year technology agreement with The Walt Disney Company
"We're thrilled to partner with Lucasfilm and Disney to bring the magic of immersive VR storytelling to one of the most exciting and anticipated movie experiences of all time," said Brad Rodrigues, interim president of Nokia Technologies. "OZO will enable Star Wars fans around the world to be transported into the incredible worlds depicted in the story, and truly feel the power of The Force together."
The multi-year agreement between Nokia and The Walt Disney Studios is designed to support the creation of VR experiences to complement Disney's theatrical releases. Through the agreement, Nokia is providing its OZO VR camera and software solutions to give Disney marketers and filmmakers the tools they need to create the most immersive, transformative VR content. Previous VR activations included experiences for Pete's Dragon, Alice Through the Looking Glass and The Jungle Book.
"We want nothing more than to share the Star Wars universe with fans around the world, and fans tell us they love to have the opportunity to learn more about the process of filmmaking," said Brian Miller, Senior Vice President, Franchise Creative & Strategy at Lucasfilm. "Utilizing the Nokia OZO to capture our behind-the-scenes material allows viewers to be transported to fantastical locations and virtually visit the incredible sets where their favorite Star Wars scenes were captured."
More details on the VR content and availability for the Star Wars: The Last Jedi VR activation will be announced at a future date.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Rum Runner's Pack free DLC debuts to Pillars of Eternity 2
- New Battlerite Royale screenshots unveil UI/more gameplay
- Co-op monster hunting title, Duntless releases open beta
- Dark Souls Remastered releases a whole day early on Steam
- Borderlands 2 is free-to-play and 75% off Steam this weekend
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit