-- GIGABYTE Open Overclocking Championship Country Qualifiers --
-- Contestants from Serbia Break the 3DMark Vantage World Record --
Taipei, Taiwan, March 20, 2009 - The GIGABYTE Open Overclocking Championship (GO OC) 2009, the world's largest overclocking competition, is well underway, with 23 country qualifiers happening all throughout the world.
The most impressive record achieved during country qualifiers so far is the new world record 3DMark Vantage score set by a contestant from Serbia. Nikolas61, one of Serbia's top overclockers, has broken the 3DMark Vantage world record by reaching 15,120 marks using the GO OC 2009 official recommended components, including an Intel Core i7 940 CPU, GIGABYTE EX58-UD4P motherboard and GV-N26OC-896H-B graphics, Kingston KHX14400D3K3/3GX memory and ENERMAX REVOLUTION85+ 1050W power supply.
As all top overclockers know, first class hardware is always the key to achieving record-breaking overclocking results. With the top-notch hardware support from the GO OC 2009 official sponsors - Intel, NVIDIA, Kingston, ENERMAX, no doubt more overclocking records will fall during the GO OC 2009 qualifier competitions.
The GO OC 2009 country qualifiers will end in early April, with the winner of each country qualifier battling it out to come out on top at their respective regional final competition. Then, on June 3, during COMPUTEX 2009 in Taipei, Taiwan, the four regional final winners will compete with the winners of GO OC 2008 to fight for the crown of worldwide overclocking champion, with the top champion receiving a check for $5,000 USD, and hardware prizes totaling more than $1,000 USD.
About GIGABYTE Upgrade Your Life
GIGABYTE, headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, is known as a global leading brand in the IT industry, with employees and business channels in almost every country. Founded in 1986, GIGABYTE started as a research and development team and has since taken the lead in the world's motherboard market. On top of motherboards and graphics accelerators, GIGABYTE further expanded its product portfolio to include notebook and desktop PCs, digital home entertainment appliances, networking servers, communications, mobile and handheld devices, servicing every facet of people's lives at home or business. Everyday GIGABYTE aims to "Upgrade Your Life" with the most innovative designs and impeccable quality and services. Visit https://www.gigabyte.com.tw for more information.
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze overview trailer reveal
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit