GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd., a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards is proud to announce today, a new collection of GIGABYTE Motherboards that have been certified for Intel's Thunderbolt 3 technology. GIGABYTE is the leader in developing this technology as many devices in the market were created using GIGABYTE Motherboards as the golden sample.
Shortly after its release of the new Designare and ultra gaming motherboards GIGABYTE is announcing that many of these newly released boards have Thunderbolt 3 technology available to the users. Updating the BIOS and a simple software upgrade is all that is required of users to enable this feature. With a 40 Gb/s bandwidth, along with its ability to transmit data, video, audio, and power all-in-one cable, Thunderbolt technology is highly sought after for its rapid transfer speeds and ability to simplify cables around the computer. Users are able to daisy-chain up to six devices per port with an additional monitor at the end.
Thunderbolt 3 utilizes a Type-C connector, this reversible connector is also capable of supporting the USB 3.1 protocol for future devices.
In addition, GIGABYTE is also officially debuting the world's first front panel Thunderbolt 3 drive bay. This bay can be installed in a 5.25" expansion slot and has support for Power Delivery 2.0, up to 100 watts. Users will also get the benefit of having USB 3.1 support in both Type-A as well as Type-C connections.
Lastly, for users whose motherboards do not support Thunderbolt 3 natively, GIGABYTE is also releasing an add-on card, the GC-ALPINE RIDGE. This card is compatible with many GIGABYTE motherboards that have an onboard thunderbolt connector enabling the board to support thunderbolt functionality.
All of these features and products will be available to the public by the beginning of September 2016, for more information on how to get your motherboard Thunderbolt enabled please check on the GIGABYTE website.
GIGABYTE Motherboards already certified with Thunderbolt 3
New Models with Thunderbolt 3
Thunderbolt 3 Accessories
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard