AMD Supports Microsoft Windows® 7 in ATI Catalyst 9.3 Unified Driver, Delivering Unsurpassed Stability and Key Performance Enhancements
- Unified graphics driver allows developers and beta testers to unlock the full potential of award-winning AMD DirectX® 10.1 graphics products and bring to life new Windows 7 Aero features -
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- March 18, 2009 --AMD (NYSE: AMD) today released Windows® 7 driver support as part of the latest ATI Catalyst 9.3 unified graphics driver. ATI Catalyst 9.3 represents the industry's first unified driver installation package to incorporate Windows 7 support, including Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 1.1 compliance, bringing with it a host of benefits for developers currently testing and updating applications using the widely available Windows 7 beta release. In addition, the inclusion of Windows 7 drivers sends a clear message to the millions of AMD graphics customers worldwide - ATI Catalyst 9.3, and every planned future release of ATI Catalyst, is ready for the final release of Windows 7.
In addition to the rock-solid stability of ATI Radeon graphics drivers for Windows 7, the combination of Windows 7 and ATI Radeon graphics permits developers to fully utilize the DirectX 10.1 API used by Microsoft to design the Windows 7 Aero desktop. Graphics with hardware support for the DirectX 10.1 API, currently available in ATI Radeon HD 3000 and ATI Radeon HD 4000 series products, can deliver the full Windows 7 Aero desktop PC experience, including support of new features such as Aero Peek and Aero Shake, both designed to improve navigation of the Windows 7 desktop.
"AMD's expertise in visual computing shines through in the combined experience of Windows 7 and ATI Radeon graphics," said Anantha Kancherla, group program manager responsible for Windows graphics, Microsoft. "With today's release of a Windows 7 unified driver, AMD once again demonstrates its ability to deliver performance and cutting-edge driver support."
Matching ATI Radeon graphics with Windows 7 can deliver high-fidelity graphics as well as unsurpassed image enhancements such as:
- support for the Direct2D API introduced in Windows 7, giving third-party applications the ability to improve everything from ClearType text rendering to hardware-accelerated vector graphics
- enhanced Windows 7 acceleration, delivering an outstanding Windows experience
- smooth, crystal-clear playback of multimedia, including high-definition video on HD-capable screens
- incredible 3D game performance in single- and multi-GPU CrossFireX technology configurations.
"Thanks to the incredible expertise within our driver development team, we led the Windows Vista transition with a WHQL-certified unified driver that delivered industry-leading stability," said Ben Bar-Haim, corporate vice president, Software Engineering, Graphics Products Group, AMD. "The advanced state of our Windows 7 drivers this far ahead of the final Windows 7 release is yet another proof point of our graphics industry leadership. We are ready for Windows 7."
To take advantage of the industry's first unified graphics driver for Windows 7, please visit https://www.amd.com.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- ABZU will be taking a dive into the Nintendo Switch, Nov 29
- 'Fortuna' update brings Warframe new concurrent gamer high
- Game of the Year 2018 nominees: 6 games worth playing
- Insomniac release Spider-Man DLC 2 trailer 'Turf Wars'
- Nintendo Black Friday Sales: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe & More
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms