Crucial, a leading global brand of memory and storage upgrades, today announced the availability of two new offerings in its server memory product portfolio: 32 GB DDR4 VLP RDIMMs and 64 GB DDR4 LRDIMMs. With speeds of 2400 MT/s and engineered to enable higher densities by implementing a dual stack of 8 Gb DDR4 DRAM die to engineer a single 16 Gb component, these new DDR4 server memory modules allow for increased memory density, performance and bandwidth.
The 32 GB VLP RDIMMs are the highest density server memory modules Crucial offers for that module form factor, and are almost half the height (40 percent shorter) of a standard RDIMM module. These high density modules help enable memory dense systems like blade servers and microservers without compromising performance. Additionally, they can be installed at a 90-degree angle to the motherboard in these height-constrained systems, which enables better airflow to keep the system cool..
The 64 GB LRDIMM is the highest density server memory module that Crucial offers and adds increased capacity to systems compatible with LRDIMMs. The modules utilize a memory buffer chip to present a single logical rank to the server, allowing more DIMMs to be populated per channel without reducing memory bandwidth.
"Crucial's latest additions to its DDR4 server memory line-up is our highest density offerings to date and enables greater installed memory per server," said Michael Moreland, Crucial worldwide product manager. "These new server modules provide density levels appropriate for memory intensive applications like data analytics and modeling, as well as meeting the needs in the hyperscale environments."
The 32 GB DDR4 16 Gb-based VLP RDIMMs and 64 GB DDR4 16 Gb-based LRDIMMs are optimized for the latest Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family, allowing companies to maximize next-generation deployments. Both modules are available for purchase at https://www.crucial.com and through select global partners. All Crucial memory is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
Latest News Posts
- Spider-Man developers thought the story wasn't funny enough
- Warner Bros. release teaser for Pokemon: Detective Pikachu
- China sprouts the first life ever made on the Moons surface
- Zelda: Link's Awakening Switch & GameBoy comparison video
- Apex Legends mods have banned over 16,000 cheaters so far
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- BundleFest is coming - Get ready for the biggest bundle event of the year
- Team NINJA Announces DEAD OR ALIVE 6 Deluxe Demo, World Championship, and SNK Collaboration
- Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. Launches Jump Force; The Ultimate Manga Crossover Extravaganza
- The Escape Room Puzzle Game Themed On The Seven Deadly Sins Will Hit Steam On Feb 28th
- [01Studio] Indie MMORPG - Citywars Savage