Crucial, a leading global brand of memory and storage upgrades, today announced the availability of two new offerings in its server memory product portfolio: 32 GB DDR4 VLP RDIMMs and 64 GB DDR4 LRDIMMs. With speeds of 2400 MT/s and engineered to enable higher densities by implementing a dual stack of 8 Gb DDR4 DRAM die to engineer a single 16 Gb component, these new DDR4 server memory modules allow for increased memory density, performance and bandwidth.
The 32 GB VLP RDIMMs are the highest density server memory modules Crucial offers for that module form factor, and are almost half the height (40 percent shorter) of a standard RDIMM module. These high density modules help enable memory dense systems like blade servers and microservers without compromising performance. Additionally, they can be installed at a 90-degree angle to the motherboard in these height-constrained systems, which enables better airflow to keep the system cool..
The 64 GB LRDIMM is the highest density server memory module that Crucial offers and adds increased capacity to systems compatible with LRDIMMs. The modules utilize a memory buffer chip to present a single logical rank to the server, allowing more DIMMs to be populated per channel without reducing memory bandwidth.
"Crucial's latest additions to its DDR4 server memory line-up is our highest density offerings to date and enables greater installed memory per server," said Michael Moreland, Crucial worldwide product manager. "These new server modules provide density levels appropriate for memory intensive applications like data analytics and modeling, as well as meeting the needs in the hyperscale environments."
The 32 GB DDR4 16 Gb-based VLP RDIMMs and 64 GB DDR4 16 Gb-based LRDIMMs are optimized for the latest Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family, allowing companies to maximize next-generation deployments. Both modules are available for purchase at https://www.crucial.com and through select global partners. All Crucial memory is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Offensive language in Rainbow Six Siege now gives insta-ban
- Nintendo teases future updates for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- MoonQuest comes to Steam Early Access 7 years later
- Nintendo Switch soon to feature 1000+ games, all regions
- Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1/2 screenshots & Rookie mode
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit