HP Inc. today announced a bold evolution and a series of updates to the world's first workstation all-in-one - the new HP Z1 G3 Workstation - combining the simplicity of an All-in-One design with performance typically found in traditional tower workstations.
Built for demanding users, the third generation HP Z1 Workstation is smaller, thinner and lighter delivering screaming performance at a great value.
- 47 percent smaller, 51 percent lighter and 21 percent less expensive than the previous generation.
- 23.6 inch diagonal anti-glare UHD 4K display for the outstanding visual clarity when working on graphic intensive projects.
- Intel Xeon processor options for powerful workstation-class processing technology for the most demanding applications.
HP also detailed its new receiver software for Apple Mac OS X. Using HP Remote Graphics Software (RGS), the receiver is designed to give Mac users access to their high-end HP Z Workstations. HP RGS allows engineers, animators and scientists to securely use the performance, files and applications on their HP Workstation, even when they are away from that workstation.
"We took our groundbreaking, and most innovative workstation - the original Z1 - and reinvented it by listening to our customers to create a new smaller, lighter and lower cost model," said Jeff Wood, vice president and general manager, Workstations and Thin Clients, HP Inc. "The new Z1 will introduce more new customers to workstation power and reliability, while HP RGS with a Mac Receiver will open doors to more Apple customers wanting to integrate our powerful Z Workstations."
HP Z1 G3 Built for Engineers, Artists and Education
The HP Z1 G3 continues to offer professionals the ability to bundle all the features of a workstation in a compelling AiO form factor. New functionalities and technologies in the next generation bring accelerated performance and greater reliability to the all-in-one workstation class.
"We are blessed to have one of the best, most well-equipped labs in the country," says Howard Cook, assistant professor, C/T at the Digital Animation Center. "HP Z1 Workstations are speedy, robust machines. And we like the compact form factor."
The HP Z1 is designed leveraging 30 years of HP Z DNA with extensive ISV certifications and a minimum of 115,000 hours of testing in HP's Total Test Process. The Z1 features:
- A 23.6 inch diagonal anti-glare UHD 4K display for outstanding visual clarity.
- Intel Xeon quad-core, 64 GB ECC memory.
- NVIDIA Quadro graphics.
- Dual PCIe HP Z Turbo Drives6 for speedy boot up, calculation, and response times for large files. Users can maximize storage by adding up to two additional 2.5" SATA SSDs or HDDs.
- Multiple ports to quickly and easily transfer data and connect devices including side access dual Thunderbolt 3 with USB 3.1, USB charging port, media card reader, DisplayPort, and more.
HP RGS Receiver for Mac Deepens Integration for Workstation Customers
Mac users can experience maximum performance by multi-tasking between native Mac OS apps and super-charged Windows or Linux workstation applications through HP RGS. With HP RGS, users of Mac or MacBook products can:
Connect seamlessly across the office or world to a Windows or Linux workstation session for joint development, interactive edits and design reviews.
- Access business-critical, high-performance 2D, 3D, video and media-rich applications.
- View graphics rich content on a single display or on multi-monitor setups.
- Connect to a fully loaded HP Z840 Workstation -- it is like upgrading your Mac with up to 9x the processing cores, 30x the memory and adding professional NVIDIA Quadro graphics.
- Accomplish render time and editing of ultra-high res video content and FX at exponentially faster speeds.
The HP RGS Receiver for Mac is just one of the tools that HP provides to customers looking to increase power and performance by integrating HP Z Workstations with existing computers and workflows. The HP Workstation technical and research and development teams have worked closely with partners in industry's such as animation, special FX, product design, research facilities and universities making this transition to provide innovative workflow optimizations - like the ability to quickly swap the Windows button with the Apple Command key on the keyboard.
HP Z Workstation software and tools are part of the company's unwavering commitment to the creative professional. These products are the technology innovation engines of companies around the globe, designing everything from automobiles to block-buster movies.
Pricing and Availability
The HP Z1 G3 is expected to be available in May starting at $1498.
HP Remote Graphics Software is available now for HP Z Desktop and ZBook Mobile Workstations as a free download for existing HP Z Workstation customers. The Mac receiver is free for HP RGS users and is coming soon. HP RGS sender licenses can also be purchased for use on supported, non-HP hardware.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- PUBG released on iOS and Android in the US
- NVIDIA teases 'future generation GPU architectures' at GDC
- Kingdome Come: Deliverance mod brings 'Ultimate Realism'
- Hunt: Showdown displayed in the amazing CRYENGINE V demo
- God of War could be the best looking game on the PS4 Pro
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit