AMD today announced new additions to its 2016 Desktop processor family, offering increasingly powerful processor options available for anyone seeking outstanding gameplay and power efficiency for their desktop PC. Setting a new APU Standard, the new AMD A10-7890K is the fastest AMD desktop APU released to date, with 1.0 TFLOPS of theoretical compute performance. This new processor has been paired with the top-of-the-line AMD Wraith Cooler to deliver a high-performance combination, enabling best-in-class online gaming, while offering near silent operation for a premium experience.
Gamers will be able to enjoy playing the most popular online and eSports games right out of the box on high settings with the new AMD A10-7890K APU, which is capable of providing smooth frame rates in some of the most popular online games like League of Legends, DOTA2, and Counter Strike: Global Offensive. AMD APUs combine the power of AMD processors with the performance of discrete Radeon R7 class graphics in one convenient SoC, and support DirectX 12, OpenGL, Vulkan, and FreeSync in addition to Microsoft Xbox One game streaming on Windows 10.
New AMD Athlon X4 880K
The new Athlon X4 880K is the fastest multi-core Athlon processor ever made, boasting a 4.20 GHz maximum turbo frequency and an unlocked clock multiplier. Paired with the new near-silent 125W AMD Thermal Solution -- featuring the same capable hardware and performance of the Wraith Cooler, without the illuminated shroud -- this processor delivers high multi-core performance that can deliver extremely high frame rates in some of the most played and popular online games, capable of providing smooth performance at 1440p and 4K when paired with a capable video card.
A10-7870K APU, now bundled with the new, near-silent 125W AMD Thermal Solution
The proven and powerful A10-7870K now comes with the new, near-silent 125W AMD thermal solution featuring the same capable hardware and performance of the Wraith Cooler, without the illuminated shroud.
Pricing and Availability
The new AMD A10-7890K and Athlon X4 880K processors and thermal solutions, and the AMD A10-7870K with its new 125W Thermal Solution, are planned to be available for sale at the end of March 2016 at select retailers/e-tailers and participating system vendors
Suggested price (SEP) as of March 1, 2016:
- AMD A10-7890K - $164.99 USD
- AMD A10-7870K - $139.99 USD
- AMD Athlon X4 880K - $94.99 USD
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Hideo Kojima teases E3 2018 showcase for Death Stranding
- Super Smash Bros. roster leak suggests Metroid's Ridley
- Overwatch splash art spotted in Paladins advertisement
- Mowgli is a dark themed 'The Jungle Book', trailer released
- Razer's new Blade: smallest 15.6-inch gaming laptop ever
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit