Peacekeeper Benchmark Enters the Browser Wars
New online benchmark from Futuremark reveals huge gap in performance between browsers
HELSINKI, FINLAND - MARCH 12th, 2009 - Futuremark® Corporation today unveiled Peacekeeper, a free online benchmarking tool for measuring and comparing the performance of common internet browsers.
Competition between browsers has never been as hotly contested, nor have internet users had as many choices as they do now. The big five:
Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Opera, see regular releases of new and innovative features and each camp's fans keep many a forum and blog busy.
So far, words have been the only shots fired in the long-running browser wars. Now, with Peacekeeper web users finally have an easy to use, impartial tool for measuring and comparing the performance of different web browsers.
Jukka Mäkinen, Head of PC Products and Services at Futuremark, said, "People have more choice now in how they experience the internet than ever before. But they may not realize that performance between browsers can vary dramatically, especially on lower-end PCs. With Peacekeeper, it's simple to compare different browsers and see which one offers the best performance on your PC."
Many websites, such as social networks, video sharing communities and webmail services, place a heavy load on the web browser. For people who use these sites a lot, changing browsers to one that performs faster can make visiting those sites more fun, with less waiting for pages to load and display correctly. Peacekeeper makes that choice easier than ever.
About Futuremark Corporation
Futuremark® Corporation is the leading provider of performance analysis software and services for PCs and smartphones. Futuremark® is known around the world for its benchmark products, including 3DMark® (with more than 45 million copies distributed worldwide), PCMark®, SPMark and VGMark and value-added services powered by the ORB, an online database of over 30 million real life benchmarking results. Futuremark maintains offices in Saratoga, California and Helsinki, Finland. For more information, please visit http://www.futuremark.com
© 2009 Futuremark® Corporation. Peacekeeper, 3DMark®, PCMark®, SPMark and VGMark trademarks and logos, Futuremark character names and distinctive likenesses, are the exclusive property of Futuremark Corporation.
Latest News Posts
- Ripple enthusiast with $1 billion in XRP dies unexpectedly
- AMD Ryzen 3700/3800X: 12C/24T and 16C/32T in 2019 on AM4
- Battlefield V concept art looks absolutely amazing
- Battlefield 5 confirmed with premium and 'grind currency'
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- Buy 10 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (Site www.BizFests.com) 128GB $2,740
- Buy 10 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $2,740
- 2 New Half-Life 2 Developers videos
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit