OWC, a leading zero emissions Mac and PC technology company, announced today an all-new 480GB capacity of the Envoy Pro mini, the stylish, aluminum, pocket-sized thumb drive with the amazing capability of a full-sized desktop-class SSD. The new model effectively doubles the previous maximum available capacity of 240GB.
Winner of the 2015 Storage Visions Visionary Product Award and 2015 Best in Biz Award, the OWC Envoy Pro mini achieves incredible speeds up to 427MB/s, offering true desktop-class SSD performance in the footprint of a thumb drive. The Envoy Pro mini features a USB 3.0 / USB 3.1 Gen 1 interface, and is an indispensable workhorse that brings professional performance, high-capacity storage to life on the move.
Envoy Pro mini features industry leading controller technologies to deliver outstanding performance and reliability. Integrated data management technology keeps Envoy Pro mini working at maximum speed even when nearly full. Powerful hardware error correction yields superior data retention and drive health, and gold-standard compression and data distribution maximizes write performance and drive endurance.
The Envoy Pro mini achieves sustained transfer speeds up to 427MB/s, making it the perfect portable storage solution for demanding creative production workflows. By contrast, FireWire 800 transfers at approximately 84MB/s and USB 2.0 at 37MB/s.
"This isn't your average thumb drive," said Larry O'Connor, Founder and CEO, Other World Computing. "The pocket-sized Envoy Pro mini delivers full-sized, desktop-class SSD performance and doesn't slow down with use like many other SSDs. And because it's both lightweight and rugged, it's the ultimate go-anywhere storage companion for anyone on the move."
Availability and Pricing
The 480GB OWC Envoy Pro mini is priced at $287.00 USD.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Amazon re-list chromecast in hopes of peace with Google
- Adventure Time will get a new Open-world RPG early 2018
- NVIDIA play huge role in smart car race with Xavier
- Reddit will have its content integrated into Bing
- Hyundai to bring 38 green cars to the market
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series