This week at the 2016 International CES, Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc. (TAEC)*, a committed leader that collaborates with technology companies to create breakthrough designs, has introduced its 15nm e-MMCTM  NAND Flash memory for automotive applications. Toshiba's Automotive e-MMC features a wide operating temperature range of -40 to 85oC, the smallest class chip size available for Automotive , an 11.5x13mm JEDEC standard package, and high reliability.
Toshiba's new line-up of single-package embedded NAND flash memories is extremely well-suited to the demanding requirements of the automotive infotainment market, and includes densities from 8 gigabyte (GB) to 64GB. Each device integrates a controller to manage basic control functions for NAND applications.
According to industry analyst firm Gartner, the majority of vehicles will be connected to the Internet in just five years, with 60 to 75 percent of them being capable of consuming, creating and sharing Web-based data. From maps and weather conditions to voice recognition, entertainment, driver assist features and more - cars are quickly becoming much more than just modes of transportation. Accelerated processing power and increased data storage capacity are crucial to enabling all of this connectivity, and Toshiba's e-MMC NAND Flash memory has emerged as the data storage technology of choice for automotive applications.
Toshiba's 15nm chips used for e-MMC are among the world's smallest. Fully compliant with the latest JEDEC e-MMC standard, the chips are designed for application in a wide range of digital products, including automotive infotainment and industrial applications. Toshiba's 15nm e-MMC offers fast read/write performance due to improvements in basic chip performance and controller optimization.
"As the inventors of NAND Flash and a leader in NAND Flash process migrations, Toshiba continues to harness this expertise for the automotive sector with the introduction of our 15nm e-MMC for this application," noted Scott Beekman, director of managed NAND memory products for TAEC. "Our expertise in developing the industry's most innovative NAND memory products positions us perfectly to produce the high quality, high performance memory necessary for in-vehicle infotainment systems."
Key features include:
- Extended temperature range: -40 to 85 degreeC
- Low failure rate to support higher quality demands for automotive applications
- Meets AEC-Q100 specifications
- Adheres to PPAP requirements
- Extended support
Outline of the New Products
Sample shipments are available with additional densities to follow. For more information, please visit toshiba.com/taec/adinfo/technologymoves/ and follow the company on Facebook.
 e-MMC is a product category for a class of embedded memory products built to the JEDEC e-MMC Standard specification and is a trademark of the JEDEC Solid State Technology Association.
 As of December 29, 2015. Toshiba survey.
 Product density is identified based on the density of memory chip(s) within the Product, not the amount of memory capacity available for data storage by the end-user. Consumer-usable capacity will be less due to overhead data areas, formatting, bad blocks, and other constraints, and may also vary based on the host device and application. For details, please refer to applicable product specifications
 From Gartner report: "Predicts 2015: Internet of Things"
Maximum read and write speed may vary depending on the host device, read and write conditions, and file size. For purposes of measuring read and write speed in this context, 1 megabyte or MB = 1,000,000 bytes.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Roar for 'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Blu-ray giveaway
- MyDigtialSSD ships BPX Pro and lowers prices
- PlayStation Classic: Sony can't prevent hacking with patches
- Devil May Cry 5 has optional microtransactions
- Don't walk - run for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- Battery Issue
- Crucial BX500 SSD Review - Fewer Components, Lower Prices
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games