Linksys, a leader in networking solutions for the home and business and DD-WRT, a Linux based alternative OpenSource firmware suitable for a variety of WLAN routers and embedded systems, today announced the expansion of DD-WRT support to include the WRT1900AC, WRT1200AC, and recently released WRT1900ACS Dual-band Gigabit Wi-Fi routers*.
DD-WRT now expands the third party firmware choices for the WRT series of routers beyond the current support via OpenWrt's "Chaos Calmer" release, and positions the WRT platform as a leading choice for open source developers. DD-WRT will also be able to provide custom firmware solutions for commercial applications built on the new Linksys WRT platform just as they have for the last 12+ years on the venerable WRT54G.
"With Linksys and Marvel working closely to improve the upstream support for the Marvel CPUs and Wi-Fi radios, DD-WRT can now provide stable and robust support for the modern WRT series of routers in our alternate firmware platform, building on what was started many years back with the first WRT," said Peter Steinhauser, Co-CEO, DD-WRT.
"Today we are honoured to have DD-WRT supporting the complete WRT Series of routers. This gives users that have relied on DD-WRT support for their legacy WRT router applications a powerful hardware upgrade path utilizing the latest in AC Wi-Fi technology and Gigabit wired speeds found in the award-winning WRT1900AC, WRT1200AC, and WRT1900ACS routers," said Vince La Duca, product manager, Linksys.
More information on DD-WRT's support for the Linksys WRT Series of routers can be found here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Cyberpunk 2077 on track to release by 2021 with new AAA RPG
- The Witcher 3 is a sales revenue monster
- Titan Quest arrives on consoles
- Switch has highest 12-month install base in US history
- PUBG's 'Event Mode' will have rotating game types and modes
- 1st PCIe slot (x16) only works at x2 with my Aorus 1080Ti...
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D40 RGB DDR4-3000 16GB Review
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit