Creative Technology Ltd today announced the availability in the U.S., as part of the Sound BlasterX Gaming Series, the Sound BlasterX G5, a 7.1 HD audio portable sound card with built-in headphone amplifier. The Sound BlasterX G5 is an external sound card that comes with the built-in SB-Axx1 multi-core chipset for hardware accelerated SBX Pro Studio enhanced audio and transforms even basic stereo into 3D positional surround sound on your headset. The Sound BlasterX G5 also supports multi-channel content, delivering true 7.1 audio for ultra-realistic surround sound.
Built with precision audiophile components, the Sound BlasterX G5 is also a 24-bit/192kHz, 120dB USB DAC and headphone amplifier with 2.2 ohm output impedance for high fidelity playback -- driving studio-grade headphones up to 600 ohms and sensitive in-ear monitors. The illuminated volume control knob and dedicated SBX and Scout Mode buttons also allow for quick volume or audio adjustments during gaming sessions.
- USB plug-and-play functionality
- Dedicated SB-Axx1 audio processor
- 120dB DAC for 24-bit/192kHz playback
- Headphone amplifier with low 2.2 ohm output impedance supporting sensitive in-ear monitors and studio-grade headphones up to 600 ohms
- Cross-platform connectivity
- USB port for easy connection to additional USB devices such as mice or keyboards
- Integrated volume and audio enhancement controls
- Backlit 'X' logo and volume control knob
The G5 further expands the inputs and outputs found in today's onboard audio solutions, with the inclusion of options such as line-in and optical connections. The USB-Device port at the back of Sound BlasterX G5 offers another USB port that supplies the maximum output of 100mA, so you can plug in your gaming mouse or keyboard easily. The G5 support headsets with 4-pole connection, in addition to the dedicated microphone jack.
BlasterX Acoustic Engine
The Sound BlasterX Gaming Series also comes with the BlasterX Acoustic Engine software for PC that allows gamers to customize their audio profile to the game genres that they are playing. It is designed to intelligently decrease distractions and enhance essential audio details in games, giving gamers an added advantage. Gamers can now experience unprecedented levels of audio realism with immersive surround sound and bass boost - hear details you never knew were there! The full, customizable version of the BlasterX Acoustic Engine is available for the Sound BlasterX G5.
Pricing and Availability
Sound BlasterX G5 is priced at USD $149.99.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze overview trailer reveal
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit