Creative Technology Ltd today announced the Creative Outlier, a powerful feature-rich Bluetooth MP3 headphones with changeable colorful acoustic rings. The headphone is specially designed for urban commuters and health enthusiasts who want to enjoy their music indoors or outdoors, with or without their smartphones. Creative Outlier is extremely lightweight -- weighing just 3.28 oz (93 g) -- and will fit easily into just about any rucksack, tote bag or attache case. The headphone also comes with useful features for health enthusiasts such as the Pacer Mode to keep track of lap or workout timings.
When worn, the lightweight headphone is designed for comfort and durability -- it features an extremely flexible and durable headband construction with soft protein leatherette ear cushions. Customized for Creative Outlier, these soft ear cushions fit snugly on the ears for all day comfort.
The Creative Outlier also allows users to customize the look and feel of the headphones. The Creative Outlier comes in two colors: pristine white or bold black, but allows you to attach a pair of outlandishly colored acoustic rings around each of the ear cups to personalize them according to your style. Keep the meticulously-tuned acoustic rings on for well-balanced audio with powerful bass. Remove them or replace them with a more acoustically porous alternative like Rainbow Loom bands for more bass! With six pairs of silicone rubber colored rings included in the package, you are spoiled for choice in expressing yourself with 30 color combinations, be it being affectionate, feeling energetic, bold, or just having fun.
The Creative Outlier gives users the flexibility of customizing the look of the headphones even further by allowing them to create their own ear cup attachments. For 3D printing aficionados, users can design and 3D-print their own acoustic rings to truly personalize their headphones! Visit creative.com/outlier to download 3D-print designs.
When it comes to audio playback, the Creative Outlier is designed to deliver: it comes with two powerful professionally-tuned 32 mm Neodymium drivers.
Supporting up to 10 hours of playtime on a single charge, the headphone also allows you to enjoy your music in 4 ways:
- NFC-Enabled Bluetooth 4.1: Integrated with the robust Bluetooth v4.1 and NFC technologies, the Creative Outlier allows smartphone users to connect wirelessly easily and quickly! With NFC, simply tap to pair and you're all set to enjoy audio, via Bluetooth.
- Built-in MP3 Player: The Creative Outlier, with its built-in MP3 player allows users to easily play their favorite tracks from a MicroSD card. Supporting MP3, WMA and WAV formats, you can now enjoy up to 10,000 high quality MP3 tracks using a 32GB MicroSD card directly inserted into the headphones.
- USB Audio: The Creative Outlier supports pristine digital audio playback from a computer via USB. In addition, you can also customize your audio settings with the free downloadable Sound Blaster software to deliver the best audio profile for music, movies, and games.
- Integrated 3.5mm Aux-In: The speaker comes with an integrated 3.5mm aux-in for connections to all other analog audio devices.
The feature-rich Creative Outlier also comes with other useful features:
- Buddy: Smart Voice Notifications App: Android users can download Creative's free Text-to-Speech app, Buddy, which reads out notifications or texts, such as SMS, WhatsApp, WeChat, LINE, Viber, Skype, Facebook Messenger, and more.
- Built-in Pacer Mode: tells total elapsed time and lap time: With a simple push of button(s), the Creative Outlier will announce* the total elapsed time or lap time to track any activity, such as timed circuit trainings, treadmill runs, or when simply walking in the park.
- High Definition Voice Calls: The built-in invisible microphone with ClearSpeech Engine actively suppresses external noises and digitally enhances speech clarity so that your conversations are loud and clear. Moreover, it is HD Voice-ready, breathing life into your phone conversations. Creative Outlier supports a battery life talktime of up to 8 hours on a single charge.
Features of the Creative Outlier:
- Bluetooth with NFC for fuss-free wireless audio.
- Integrated MP3 Player lets you play songs directly from a MicroSD Card without using your phone -- saves your phone's battery for important calls and messages. Great for exercising without the hassle of carrying a phone.
- USB Audio for digital lossless playback; charges your device's battery at the same time.
- HD Call Quality with built-in microphone that uses noise suppression and HD Voice support.
- Buddy App reads incoming messages on Android devices.
- Outlandishly cool with 6 pairs of bundled colorful neon acoustic rings that let users have fun personalizing their style -- up to 30 combinations.
Pricing and Availability
Creative Outlier is now available at USD $99.99.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite made $223 million in March, 'king of battle royale'
- Epic: 'Battle. Adapt. Win' tease for Season 4 of Fortnite
- PC Building Simulator sells 100,000 copies in 30 days
- Radeon Vega Instinct: refreshed 7nm Vega 20 hits AMD labs
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY Global, just $12.36 after code
- Gigabyte P104-100 GPU Mining Card
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit