In an age characterized by rapid growth of technology, a fully-functioning, programmable computer is still a luxury for many. To make innovation more affordable, PINE64 announces Kickstarter availability of two powerful 3.125 x 5" 64 Bit Quad Core supercomputers starting at $15: PINE A64 & PINE A64+. The versatile single-board computer is an open source platform for both hardware and software, while capable of running today's most advanced 64 Bit version of Android Lollipop 5.1.1 and Linux. PINE A64 is the foundation to build your next computer, tablet, gaming device, connected home, 3-D printer or anywhere your creativity takes you.
Developed to work with multiple modules and software, PINE A64 is a simple solution for cheap DIY projects, and exploration into coding and programming. Build your own computer, 3D Printer control panel, video game console, 4K streaming media player, robotics project, connected home device, and more. Use the open-source platform to scratch out codes or make the next game-changing innovation.
"PINE64 set out to create a simple, smart and affordable computer that gives people access toward making their next big idea come to life." said Co-Founder Johnson Jeng. "We provide a powerful 64 Bit Quad Core single-board computer at an exceptional price and remain compatible with multiple open source software platforms to build a community of creativity and innovation."
Under the hood, the 3.125 x 5" $15 PINE A64 board includes:
- 64 Bit Quad Core ARM Cortex A53 1.2 GHz CPU
- Dual-core Mali 400 MP2 GPU
- 512MB DDR3 SDRAM
- MicroSD slot supports up to 256GB expansion
- 10/100 Mb Ethernet port
- (2) USB 2.0 hosts
- 4K high-definition video playback
- 4K x 2K HDMI port and multi-channel audio output
- Bluetooth 4.0 with 802.11BGN connectivity optional
- 3.5mm Stereo Output mini-jack with microphone support
- Built-in 3.7V Lithium Battery Charging Circuit
- Hardware security enables trustzone security system, Digital Rights Management (DRM), information encryption/decryption, secure boot, secure JTAG and secure efuse
At $19, PINE A64+ includes 1GB DDR3 memory, optional system upgrades, a 5 Megapixel camera port, 4 lanes MIPI Video Port and a Touch Panel Port.
For those looking for a more familiar experience, PINE A64 can be purchased optionally with the latest Android software built in, or you can upload the latest version of Linux. Out of the box, Android Lollipop 5.1 gives you immediate access to over 1.6 million apps on the Android market ready to download in a few clicks. Connect to a keyboard, mouse and display through a variety of ports and run popular apps including Angry Birds, Minecraft, office productive software and web browsing. Add a camera to stay connected on social media with Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and more.
The miniature supercomputers are scheduled to ship in early February for backers, with an early bird stocking stuffer option for those looking to surprise loved ones with a printable certificate to let them know their gift is only a short wait away.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Treyarch details upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 patch
- Project Nova goes into Closed Alpha next month
- Samsung phones in 2020: in-screen cameras and no bezel?!
- Games-as-a-service driving EA and Activision into the future
- Tekken 7 smashes 3 million sales worldwide
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam