AMD announced the appointment of graphics and parallel compute architect Michael Mantor to AMD Corporate Fellow for his demonstrated leadership in graphics engineering. At AMD, Corporate Fellow is the highest possible level of technical recognition with only four employees currently holding the title. Mantor has made key contributions to a diverse set of AMD graphics products, including those that power the Microsoft Xbox One, Sony PlayStation PS4, and multiple generations of AMD Radeon graphics. As Corporate Fellow, he will lead graphics and compute architecture teams in the development of next generation architectures to be used in PCs, game consoles, virtual reality devices, workstations, and super computers.
"Mike is the most passionate graphics and parallel computing architect I have worked with. His direct impact on more than 10 generations of GPU architectures at AMD is a result of Mike's determination to turn great architectures into products that reach millions of users," said Raja Koduri, senior vice president and chief architect, AMD Radeon Technologies Group. "Mike's unique talents and industry expertise are instrumental to maintaining AMD's industry leading graphics technologies and will be critical to advancing the industry into the immersive computing era."
Mantor is recognized as a key authority and leader in GPU architecture. Since joining ATI in 1999, he has been responsible for developing GPU architectures as well as serving as the chief graphics architect for the AMD solutions powering the latest generation of game consoles. Numerous AMD graphics programs and projects have been completed under Mike's guidance including Microsoft Xbox 360 and Xbox One, AMD's heterogeneous system architecture, and all AMD Radeon products since the introduction of the R100 in 2000. He has made major contributions to the industry and AMD including 45 patents issued to date.
AMD Corporate Fellows are appointed after a rigorous review process that assesses not only specific technical contributions to the company, but involvement in the industry at large, mentoring of others, and improving the long-term strategic position of the company.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Dbrands Nintendo Switch skins guarantee no damage to device
- PowerColor teases Radeon RX Vega Nano prototype
- AMD teases Ryzen 7 2800X, could be a 10C/20T beast at 4GHz+
- Xbox One could soon have 120Hz high refresh rate option
- Valve picks up Campo Santo, Firewatch developer
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit