AMD announced the appointment of graphics and parallel compute architect Michael Mantor to AMD Corporate Fellow for his demonstrated leadership in graphics engineering. At AMD, Corporate Fellow is the highest possible level of technical recognition with only four employees currently holding the title. Mantor has made key contributions to a diverse set of AMD graphics products, including those that power the Microsoft Xbox One, Sony PlayStation PS4, and multiple generations of AMD Radeon graphics. As Corporate Fellow, he will lead graphics and compute architecture teams in the development of next generation architectures to be used in PCs, game consoles, virtual reality devices, workstations, and super computers.
"Mike is the most passionate graphics and parallel computing architect I have worked with. His direct impact on more than 10 generations of GPU architectures at AMD is a result of Mike's determination to turn great architectures into products that reach millions of users," said Raja Koduri, senior vice president and chief architect, AMD Radeon Technologies Group. "Mike's unique talents and industry expertise are instrumental to maintaining AMD's industry leading graphics technologies and will be critical to advancing the industry into the immersive computing era."
Mantor is recognized as a key authority and leader in GPU architecture. Since joining ATI in 1999, he has been responsible for developing GPU architectures as well as serving as the chief graphics architect for the AMD solutions powering the latest generation of game consoles. Numerous AMD graphics programs and projects have been completed under Mike's guidance including Microsoft Xbox 360 and Xbox One, AMD's heterogeneous system architecture, and all AMD Radeon products since the introduction of the R100 in 2000. He has made major contributions to the industry and AMD including 45 patents issued to date.
AMD Corporate Fellows are appointed after a rigorous review process that assesses not only specific technical contributions to the company, but involvement in the industry at large, mentoring of others, and improving the long-term strategic position of the company.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- GoG slashes epic RPG prices for Witcher's 10th birthday
- Cyberpunk 2077 progressing according to plan, says CDPR
- New South Park game parodies frequent console updates
- IGN have acquired retailer Humble Bundle
- Discord introduces Verified Servers
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- ASUS Lyra Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi Router System Review
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard