Noctua today presented 24V variants of its renowned industrialPPC fans. Conceived for industrial heavy-duty applications that require enhanced cooling performance and advanced ingress protection, Noctua's industrialPPC (Protected Performance Cooling) line comprises ruggedised high-speed versions of the company's award-winning retail fans. The new 24V models use a dedicated wide input range version of Noctua's NE-FD2 three-phase motor driver IC in order to support 24V-based industrial applications and to provide moderate speeds and lower noise levels in standard 12V PC environments.
"The launch of our industrialPPC line has allowed us to expand our base of industrial clients as we're now able to provide solutions for highly challenging environments and to meet much higher demands as far as airflow and pressure performance are concerned", says Roland Mossig (Noctua CEO). "Since many of our industrial clients work with 24V, we're now offering extra versions for 24V applications."
The new NF-F12 (120mm) and NF-A14 (140mm) industrialPPC-24V models use a dedicated wide input range version of Noctua's NE-FD2 three-phase motor driver IC. Supporting operating voltages from 6 to 30V, these models are ideal for 24V-based industrial applications and voltage-based speed control. All new models feature IP67 water and dust protection and PWM.
"As our industrialPPC models have become quite popular among PC enthusiasts, we think that the new 24V variants can also be interesting for PC users due to their wide input range", explains Roland Mossig (Noctua CEO). "When you run them at 12V, you will get much lower speeds and noise levels, so they combine the advanced features of the industrialPPC line with the renowned quietness of our standard line-up."
While the industrialPPC 24V models have been designed with 24V industrial applications in mind, they run at maximum speeds of around 1100rpm (2000rpm models) to 1700rpm (3000rpm models) in 12V PC environments. At the same time, they can be slowed down further via PWM, thus combining the advanced features of the industrialPPC line with Noctua's signature quietness.
Price and availability
All new models are currently shipping and will be available shortly. The manufacturer's suggested retail price is EUR 29.90/USD 34.90.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam