The new Generative AI by iStock image generator, powered by NVIDIA Picasso, is impressive in its capabilities and commercially safe. This is an important distinction because there's a lot of controversy surrounding what data, art, and IP generative AI models are being trained on.
For example, The New York Times recently filed a lawsuit against ChatGPT and its owner, OpenAI, for using the news outlet's content to train generative AI platforms. It's asking for billions in compensation, and that's just one example. Generative AI by iStock is 'commercially safe' for use, with the generative AI trained on licensed iStock and Getty Images data - with compensation paid out to those who helped train the AI.
Whatever AI images you generate 'will not be added to the creative library for others to license' too. Okay, with that out of the way, let's move on to what makes this text-to-image generation tool impressive - editing with NVIDIA Picasso.
As the example above shows, you can access photos, illustrations, and even videos to generate new visuals up to 4K. What gives Generative AI by iStock its edge is the powerful editing you can do, like selecting regions to add details or even taking an existing image and expanding it to fill a new aspect ratio or perspective. In the video above, we see this in action - adding a person into the image at a specific spot and zooming out to showcase more of the landscape.
Another powerful editing feature coming soon will be the ability to intuitively replace elements or objects in an image. Generative AI by iStock, powered by NVIDIA Picasso, is available now. For $22.99 USD, you get 100 generations (each including four distinct images) safe for commercial use.
All the NVIDIA news from CES 2024.
- Read more: GeForce RTX 4070, RTX 4070 Ti, and RTX 4080 SUPER announced - pricing, specs, and performance!
- Read more: Studios like Tencent and Ubisoft are using NVIDIA ACE to create AI NPCs in upcoming games
- Read more: GeForce NOW is getting new Blizzard games, Day Passes, and G-SYNC technology
- Read more: GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER and RTX 4080 SUPER Founders Edition models look incredible in all black
- Read more: Twitch Enhanced Broadcasting allows for five concurrent streams with a single GeForce RTX GPU
- Read more: GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER Founders Edition unboxing
- Read more: New G-SYNC Pulsar technology brings impressive stutter-free, smooth, motion clarity to monitors
- Read more: Generative AI by iStock is commercially safe image generation powered by NVIDIA Picasso
- Read more: Half-Life 2 RTX gets a new stunning trailer, RTX Remix Open Beta launches later this month
- Read more: Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition coming to PC 'Early 2024' with DLSS 3, DLAA, and Reflex