[Cue Dr. Evil Voice]..."One Beelion dollars!"
No, really, Toshiba expect to lose a total of nearly one billion US dollars, which presumably includes research and development costs, production and marketing, according to Reuters.
What this doesn't take into consideration is, of course, the on-going cost of losing the format war, i.e. the lost revenue from the perpetual Christmas of patents, which is what the whole format war dance was about in the first place.
A little facetious side note here; it has not been confirmed if this sum includes the infamous Dreamworks/Paramount bribes.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 02:07 pm CST
- Sony's PS5 talk wasn't enough--for next-gen, seeing is believing
- Ninja: anyone who says 'it's just a game' is a 'horrible human being'
- Sony: PS5 price difficult to determine because we are competing
- Sega Saturn devkits cost $77,000 back in 1995
- Amazon says Trump vendetta cost them $10 billion JEDI contract