The long awaited Blu-ray version of Batman Begins is being readied for a release in the US on July 8th, in two flavours; a standard Blu-ray version, with all of the features of the best selling HD-DVD version and a limited edition collectors gift set featuring a lenticular motion badge, and a host of printed material including script pages, photos and storyboards.
Warner Brothers held out releasing the film pointing to the lack of Blu-ray support for picture in picture decoding, even though it could have been achieved utilising a separate encode of the film on a 50GB disc. The real reason however was Warners' initial favour for the now deceased format.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:07 pm CDT
- WB Montreal's Batman game may feature batcycle, started dev in 2014
- Even Batman is affected by coronavirus, The Batman production halted
- New Batman game may star Damian Wayne, Batgirl, set in Court of Owls
- Xbox Series X: next-gen sound via dedicated chip and ray-traced audio
- New Batman game concept art leak shows batcycle in action