The guys over at Gizmodo rumbled across some news from the Dev Team who are working towards overcoming Apple's "proprietary networks" in different areas.
The idea being that an unlocked phone is worth buying, rather than succumbing to Apple's insistence that you sign on with a specific carrier in order to enjoy the full service of applications. The recent release of the SDK has enabled key coding concepts to be understood and overcome, with little chance of Apple being able to stop the PWNED phones from activating even with a patch. Choosing your own carrier for a phone you bought and paid for is part and parcel of the free world, and PWNED believes you should have it.
Check out the video below.
The Dev Team insist that this is a "True unlock" and that Apple will have difficulty closing the breach. So if you have a PWNED iPhone, you can install any application, even if it is not "Apple approved". Read more here.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 02:07 pm CST
- iPhone 11 Pro Max costs $144,600 with gold and diamonds
- Black Friday 2019: Walmart offer $450 back on iPhones, Samsung phones
- Apple iPhone for 2020 with 5G and no notch teased
- Save up to $850 on Best Buy's range of Apple products, sales live now
- Best iTunes Alternatives for macOS Catalina and Windows 2020