Sony have released firmware upgrades for all existing Blu-ray players, BDP-S1, BDP-S300 and BDP-S500.
Whilst the upgrade notes offer no other enhancements than BD Java improvements, owners of the BDP-S300 have a small surprise in store; the unit now (unadvertised) will decode Dolby TrueHD audio tracks, and output as PCM, to a compatible amplifier. Note, that all units still fail to decode DTS HD-MA.
The firmware upgrades can be found at Sonys FTP server here.
Last updated: Mar 13, 2014 at 12:45 am CDT
- Sony's PS5 talk wasn't enough--for next-gen, seeing is believing
- PlayStation 5's rumored heat issues should be solved in final console
- Sony isn't 100% sure COVID-19 won't delay PlayStation 5 and new games
- Understanding the PS5's SSD: A deep dive into next-gen storage tech
- A $399 PlayStation 5 will conquer next-gen