Now that Blu-ray Disc has reigned supreme from the drawn out format war, we're beginning to see much more confidence in companies embracing the format.
Lite-On/Phillips is one of them, having just introduced the first external Blu-ray Disc Drive which is set to arrive during Q2 2008. HTPC's or laptops are the main targets for the device. Connected via USB 2.0 this allows one the ability to read/playback Blu-ray Disc media at 4X, also supporting single-layer DVD at 12X, dual-layer DVD at 8X, and CD media at 32X maximums.
Dailytech have the scoop.
With Blu-ray Disc now the clear victor in the high-definition format war, those cautious about buying hardware can spend with ease. Those with home theater PCs or laptops will be pleased to learn that Philips & Lite-On Digital Solutions (PLDS) will be soon releasing its first USB external BD-ROM drive in Q2 2008.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- PlayStation 5's first external SSD possibly teased
- Xbox Series X: next-gen sound via dedicated chip and ray-traced audio
- PS5, Xbox Series X SSD may use software-defined flash to boost speeds
- Understanding the PS5's SSD: A deep dive into next-gen storage tech
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games