NVIDIA's first GeForce 9 Series graphics card has just officially arrived; the G94 driven GeForce 9600GT. This is a mid-range offering set to offer an excellent price:performance ratio, as we recently found out for ourselves here and here.
To come with the launch is a mass of coverage from all angles of the web looking at the card's characteristics and performance numbers. You can check it all out via the below links :-
- Overclockers Club
- Legion Hardware
- ChileHardware (Translated)
- Hot Hardware
- PC Perspective
- Toms Hardware
If interested, you can also find NVIDIA's official announcement over at their press room folks.
SANTA CLARA, CA-FEBRUARY 21, 2008-NVIDIA® Corporation, the world leader in visual computing technologies, has unveiled the first graphics processing unit (GPU) of its next-generation GeForce® 9 Series that may offer the largest single-generation performance jump in the Company's history. Introduced today, the NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT GPU delivers up to 116%[i] more performance than its predecessor at a price below $199.
"After going to all the GeForce LANs and seeing the rigs that gamers play on, we wanted to kick off the GeForce 9 with the perfect GPU for gamers," said Ujesh Desai, general manager of GeForce desktop GPUs at NVIDIA. "The first product to be introduced in the GeForce 9 family gives gamers the horsepower to play cutting-edge DirectX 10 games at a price they will love and can afford."
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080: August 2020 reveal, launch at Computex 2020
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080/3080 Ti: more VRAM, way faster and CHEAPER?!
- NVIDIA delays GTC announcement of Ampere GPU over COVID-19 coronavirus
- Tech whistleblower: YouTubers paid by NVIDIA for product placement
- NVIDIA's next-gen Ampere: 7552 core version, 24GB/48GB variants teased