Looking forward to the possibility of firing up 2xHD 3870 X2s in CrossFireX mode for some serious Quad-GPU action? You'll be glad to know AMD are working hard on getting their CrossFireX driver tweaked up and ridden of bugs for a very near release.
Just how soon though? TGDaily spread the news that AMD have scheduled a release date for full CrossFireX support to be embedded in their Catalyst 8.3 driver suite which is due for release in March.
Markham (ON) - AMD's graphics units will allow enthusiasts to run three and four graphics cards in their system with the release of the Catalyst 8.3 driver package, which will be released in March.
The next Catalyst release, however, will be version 8.2, which will be available on Wednesday, February 13, according to our sources. This version will be the last driver version not to support triple- and quad-GPUs, which will become the next graphics battleground for AMD and Nvidia.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to be delayed past 2020, analyst predicts
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to sell 6-8 million in 2020, analyst says
- Next-gen console exclusives will be few and far between through 2021