There's been a fair bit of hype surrounding Auzentech's X-Fi driven "Prelude" sound card leading up to and following its release; and if there wasn't enough going for it already as an alternative to Creative, perhaps this will make all the difference for some.
Auzentech have made an official announcement a short time ago which indicates that they've managed to seal a licensing deal which allows them to add Dolby® Digital Live support into their latest driver release for this card.
All that's missing now is DTS Connect, and it wouldn't surprise me if they push for rights to this in an upcoming driver release as well.
Santa Clara, CA - December 21, 2007: Auzentech, Inc.(www.auzentech.com) announces today the release of Dolby Digital Live support for the X-Fi Prelude Soundcard.
A real-time encoding technology, Dolby® Digital Live converts any audio signal into a Dolby Digital bitstream for transport and playback through a home theater system. With it, your PC or game console can be hooked up to your Dolby Digital-equipped audio/video receiver or digital speaker system via a single digital connection.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- NVIDIA's new Shield TV Pro spotted on shelves ahead of launch
- Xbox Series X packs dedicated audio hardware acceleration
- PlatinumGames will make live service games to help diversify revenues
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- EA doubling down on live services and core franchises