As a quick heads up for NVIDIA card users running Windows XP, a new ForceWare driver release has just come out which takes the revision to 169.21.
This driver supports cards as far back as the FX 5100 through to the new G92 based 8800GT and GTS models. As expected, quite a number of issues have been delt with which you can read about in detail in this PDF document.
You can locate the driver for download here.
It's also just come to my attention there's a new WHQL'd Vista driver made available too, this falling in at rev. 169.25 and is downloadable in both 32 and 64-bit form. Some of the major highlights of this release are :-
- WHQL driver for GeForce 6, 7, and 8 series GPUs.
- Added support for NVIDIA 3-way SLI Technology.
- Added support for GeForce 8800 GTS 512 GPU.
- Recommended driver for the latest DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL applications.
- Numerous game and application compatibility fixes. Please refer to the release documentation for more information on features, driver fixes, and known issues.
You can find this driver for download here.
Last updated: Sep 7, 2019 at 02:36 pm CDT
- NVIDIA GeForce 440.97 drivers are optimized for COD: Modern Warfare
- GeForce 441.08 drivers out: supports GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER and more
- GeForce 441.20 drivers are ready for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- New GeForce drivers ready for Detroit: Become Human, MechWarrior 5
- AMD Radeon 20.1.4 drivers are optimized for Warcraft III: Reforged